LH-20A1H firmware problems

i have downloaded new firmware DR20LL06 for my drive but can not flash it as i keep having this error

no matched drive detected
this utility is only for LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H

Detected Drives
0-0-0-0 E:TSST corp DVD-ROM SH-D162C TS04
0-0-1-0 F: LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H LLOC

your LL0C firmware is the newest. the LL06 you downloaded is pretty old.
there’s no need to flash your drive.

ok thanks for the reply but still a funny error

Yep, but that’s just the stock message…misleading as ever. :rolleyes: It also appears if you have an OEM drive, a different drive, or if the firmware are not from the same series.

BTW, the global LiteOn site is always more updated than the other sites for official firmware. :iagree:

[QUOTE=wallace0134;1938700]Yep, but that’s just the stock message…misleading as ever. :rolleyes: It also appears if you have an OEM drive, a different drive, or if the firmware are not from the same series.

BTW, the global LiteOn site is always more updated than the other sites for official firmware. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

I would agree odd message but you have to make sure you double check the firmware on the drive and compare it to the latest firmware on the web site.
And I do agree using the global site to update the liteon firmware is the best choice as that is what I did to update my 20A1H with the global firmware with no problems.

[QUOTE=wallace0134;1938700]t also appears if you have an OEM drive, a different drive, or if the firmware are not from the same series.[/QUOTE]

I have a retail 20A1H and have the latest firmware installed, which is LL0C, same as the OP. :wink: