LG's 3D display goes full HD

vbimport

I just posted the article LG’s 3D display goes full HD.

LG claims that it has announced the world’s first commercially-available 1080p 3D monitor.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/lgs-3d-display-goes-full-hd-23315/](http://www.myce.com/news/lgs-3d-display-goes-full-hd-23315/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Maybe by the ‘release’ date they can get John Wayne’s Hondo re-released in the 3-D it was originally filmed in. It’s never been seen on DVD in 3-D and only got shown in a limited number of theaters in 3-D and then they dropped the whole 3-D thing altogether!

That would be a treat!

I don’t want to see a CGI cartoon in 3-D, I don’t care about that.

3D Gives me headaches.

Unless they actually customise those rediculous 3D glasses for every regular user, and provide a few spare pairs for vistors/casual viewers, I can’t see 3D-TV as ever being anything other than a niche market.

Better still, would be to provide the 3D effect without the glasses. Maybe we’ll have to wait for laser TV’s to catch on.

[QUOTE=CHIPSpeaking;2473656]Maybe by the ‘release’ date they can get John Wayne’s Hondo re-released in the 3-D it was originally filmed in. It’s never been seen on DVD in 3-D and only got shown in a limited number of theaters in 3-D and then they dropped the whole 3-D thing altogether!

That would be a treat!

I don’t want to see a CGI cartoon in 3-D, I don’t care about that.[/QUOTE]

/off topic/ Welcome CHIPSpeaking! Congrats on your first post :slight_smile: /off topic/

[QUOTE=debro;2473719]3D Gives me headaches.

Unless they actually customise those rediculous 3D glasses for every regular user, and provide a few spare pairs for vistors/casual viewers, I can’t see 3D-TV as ever being anything other than a niche market.

Better still, would be to provide the 3D effect without the glasses. Maybe we’ll have to wait for laser TV’s to catch on.[/QUOTE]

It would be VERY cool to do holographic 3D a-la the reconstruction room on “Bones” where they show what someone looked like in life when they have found a skeleton. Something like that shot with holographic cameras would be so cool viewed in the home.

I think you’re right, the laser TV will have to do it for that effect. The current 3D technology relies on fooling the brain, so holograms would definitively be better. Maybe even as cool as the Holodeck on Start Trek!

John
CHIPSpeaking