LG42PQ6000 How do I turn the grey border into a black border? (LG 42PQ6000)

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the LG 42PQ6000. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]When not in full widescreen or similar, there is a grey border around the picture, can I make this black and if i can, how do I do it? Regards Andy

Do the boarders appear Grey from all sources?

IE: HD Digital Box, Blu-Ray Player,DvD Player etc…

By what means are you hooked to these sources?

Some TV’s, HD Digital Boxes etc… will allow you to change the boarder. Usually Black or Grey.

:cool::cool:

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, the grey border appears from all sources; they are hooked up by scart.
The TV has built in freeview, which I suspected initially, but it appears constant, when not in full screen. I have experienced (A long time ago) a similar scenario, but there was an option to change the colour of the border, this is what I am struggling to do. Can I change it and how do I change it?
Regards, Andy

Does the same thing happen when you hook up via HDMI or Component?

:cool::cool:

Over time plasma screens darken with use. If you watch predominantly 4:3 content, you may find the centre 4:3 area of the screen is noticeably darker than the relatively unused few inches on the left and right of the screen. A grey coloured border as opposed to a black one will obviate this happening by ensuring “even wear” across the screen.