Lg wh16ns48dup / wh16ns48dq

vbimport

(Not sure if this belongs in its own thread or merged with the gen. 1 drives discussion.)

Drive info and capabilities…

(Drive name is printed on label as WH16NS48DUP, but retail listings may sell drive as WH16NS48DQ)

For now it can remain in its own thread, due to the potential for special discussion. It can be merged later if necessary. :slight_smile:

TRT of a commercial Blu-ray…

Oddity. Under Windows 10 and connected externally via USB 3.0, ODC reports read speeds up to 6.1x from the drive. Under Windows 7 and connected internally, ODC reports drive speeds up to 12.1x.

Previous commercial TRT was done in Windows 10 with a max read speed in ODC of 6.1x. Here’s a TRT of the same commercial disc in Windows 7 with the read speed set to the max of 12.1x.

[B]@jadburner[/B]
Congratulations :clap:
How can you know where and how you bought?
Are there any additions to the drive in the form of software, manuals, etc …?

[QUOTE=jadburner;2771794]Oddity. Under Windows 10 and connected externally via USB 3.0, ODC reports read speeds up to 6.1x from the drive.[/QUOTE]

Under Windows 7, same external enclosure connected via USB 3.0, ODC reports read speeds up to 12.1x.

[QUOTE=czary2mary1;2771797][B]@jadburner[/B]
Congratulations :clap:
How can you know where and how you bought?
Are there any additions to the drive in the form of software, manuals, etc …?[/QUOTE]

czary2mary1 - The drive is available is the U.S. here. It comes without any manuals or software, unfortunately.

[QUOTE=jadburner;2771804]czary2mary1 - The drive is available is the U.S. here. It comes without any manuals or software, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

It is a pity that the program PlexTools of VinPower was not included.
Is version has markings VinPower? Because probably has a different firmware version as of VinPower tested by the Japanese?
Do I see the price at the moment of shipment \ delivered in the US \ Canada around ~ $ 70?

[QUOTE=czary2mary1;2771806]Is version has markings VinPower? Because probably has a different firmware version as of VinPower tested by the Japanese?
Do I see the price at the moment of shipment \ delivered in the US \ Canada around ~ $ 70?[/QUOTE]

There are no VinPower markings, but it does ship directly from VinPower. And it comes with (most likely) VinPower’s firmware (1.D3). The current price is ~ $70 shipped.

[QUOTE=jadburner;2771807]There are no VinPower markings, but it does ship directly from VinPower. And it comes with (most likely) VinPower’s firmware (1.D3). The current price is ~ $70 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Looks from the screen properties of the drive that technically the same hardware as in the case of the ordinary version of the LG BH16NS40 / WH16NS40 / BH16NS48
Interesting with different firmware \ mark firmware is like in the case of a version known test in Japanese …
Great price … at our regular version costs about $ 80 ~
We purchase LG WH16NS48DUP of VinPower There can be no because the company does not distribute to Eastern Europe of its products.
In contrast, as I would like to buy the agency mediates in the US is the cost of shipping \ customs clearance \ 23% VAT raises the price to about ~ $ 140 … but it’s a lot cheaper as I would like to buy Japanese Amazoone

SONY Japan BD-R QL (128 GB)

[B]jadburner[/B], may I ask you for the firmware dump?

1. Download Devilsclaw’s flasher: https://github.com/devilsclaw/flasher/releases

2. Use [B]flasher -D[/B] to find your drive’s ID

3. Use [B]flasher -d {drive id} -l firmware.bin 6 00000000 00200000[/B] to dump the firmware. {drive id} is the number gotten from the previous -D command.

Thanks in advance!

[QUOTE=blackened2687;2771810][B]jadburner[/B], may I ask you for the firmware dump?[/QUOTE]

Sure, I’m happy to. You can find it here. Enjoy!

[B]jadburner[/B], thank you very much! :clap: The dump is OK, I’ve checked. Will add the proper header and see if it will be compatible with BH16NS40 flasher. :wink:

Done: http://www101.zippyshare.com/v/INrOqajl/file.html
[a mirror for 1.D3: http://downloads.ultrafastcdn.com/BDRE_OEM_FW/HL-DT-ST/NS48%20DISC%20QUALITY%20FW/firmware_WH16NS48_1.D3_with_flasher.zip -Albert]

I’ve bundled the firmware image with the patched BH16NS40 flasher (by [B]bgrh[/B]: http://club.myce.com/f87/asus-bw-16d1ht-334054/index6.html#post2734740) which doesn’t check the drives and has all buttons unlocked.

Disc quality testing seems to work OK :clap: Interesting, are there differences in quality scanning with 1.D3 and TSTR firmwares? Waiting for [B]Halcyon[/B] drive to arrive to check it out :smiley:

Thank you very much for the dump, [B]jadburner[/B]! :bow:

Great job, blackened2687! :clap:

So this should work with BH16NS40 / WH16NS40 / BH16NS48 drives?

BH16NS40 is already tested ([B]czary2mary[/B] is already making the BD-R scan on his BH16NS40 -> WH16NS48). I think other drives will do, as well :smiley:

[B]@Blackened2687[/B] - Well done :iagree::bow::clap:

It seems that everything works as it should be …

M-DISC 4x BD-R
Branded
MILLENMR1 (Made in Taiwan)
WH16NS48DUP (1.D3)
[B]OPC on[/B]
Burned at 2x
Final scan with PX-LB950SA using PlexUtilities

[QUOTE=jadburner;2771963]M-DISC 4x BD-R
Branded
MILLENMR1 (Made in Taiwan)
WH16NS48DUP (1.D3)
[B]OPC on[/B]
Burned at 2x
Final scan with PX-LB950SA using PlexUtilities[/QUOTE]

Additional scan and LtnFlash jitter scans…