LG WH14NS40 $59.99 @Newegg

vbimport

LG Black 14X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 5X DVD-RAM 12X BD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA BDXL Blu-ray Burner,3D Play Back (WH14NS40) - OEM $59.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136250

Will new blu ray video players ever support BDXL? I’ve looked at the boxes at retail, nowhere do they say support for bdxl discs.

edit

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2649081][B]Will new blu ray video players ever support BDXL?[/B] I’ve looked at the boxes at retail, nowhere do they say support for bdxl discs.[/QUOTE]

Very doubtful, there is no market for that!!

I’m surprised to see the LG 14x BD-R has BD-XL burn support. :slight_smile:

The “newest” being available here in europe is the external 12x from LG. :frowning:

I could see them supporting it to extend blu ray an extra few years while they work on cheaper 1tb flash drives… I think if flash could get dirt cheap in the 1tgb capcacities… say $25 (SDXC could get there in less than 5 years), that would possibly be the beginning of the end for optical media. At a certain capacity-- several hundred gigabytes of data+ you NEED a degree of certainty that flash media could provide that the data integrity will remain intact for YEARS beyond 2 or 3…

This would also be the death knell for most analog media (VHS, Cassette) as well. As it is, you can hardly find analog media anymore. They are as arcane as the record player. No doubt, those who would still use or have such media would be considered OLD dinosaurs :wink: