LG WH10LS30K firmware

vbimport

I just bought this burner and installed it in a Win7 pc. When I installed the software is when I got a unsigned driver error. I read on Newegg, that Win7 does this when the firmware tries to update. I can play movies, but cannot write blurays or dvds. The automatic firmware updater doesn’t show another firmware to get. I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find a place to get a firmware. I really would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

That drive most likely already has the latest firmware flashed already, which I believe is version 1.00. You don’t have to install any kind of software, as soon as you plug it in and boot up, it should be good to go.

[QUOTE=Byrus;2542371]I just bought this burner and installed it in a Win7 pc. When I installed the software is when I got a unsigned driver error. I read on Newegg, that Win7 does this when the firmware tries to update. I can play movies, but cannot write blurays or dvds. The automatic firmware updater doesn’t show another firmware to get. I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find a place to get a firmware. I really would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.[/QUOTE]

I haven’t bothered with the included software for burning, ImgBurn works quite well for that. You may wish to give it a try. I would suggest uninstalling the firmware updater and checking LG’s site or here for firmware updates from time to time. I am using the WH10LS30 V1.00 on Win7 and Vista without any trouble. I suspect it is your burning software that is not playing nice with your system.