LG Vs. XP (Device cannot start Code 10 on XP)

Hello, this is my first post, and I’m a little dum newbie on CDring…

I bought a brand new P4 and it worked fine, untill I used IsoBuster.

I have an LG CDRW 83020B which I used just more than fine. Then I tried to read some crashed music CD with IsoBuster, and, everything went to hell.

When I start my PC XP fails to recognize the CDR (no problem with the Pioneer DVD, though). Direct CD starts with a “forbidden sign” all over it and tells me that the Drive is invalid, or something like that.

I deinstalled ALL CDR Programs (including EasyCDCreator, which is the one the burned came with) and deinstalled -from device manager- the CDr (and the DVD-Rom, just in case) but, no way José, no way…

It keeps nonworking…

I dunno what to do, and this is driving me mad, since I do need to copy some stuff for my boss, and I can’t make the damm device to work…

If anyone can help me, please, I’ll be MUCH MORE THAN THANKFULL.

I know that this question might have been answered millon times, but I wans’t able to find it…

I’m not an expert, but I don’t consider myself a dummie, but this one is driving me nuts…

So, again, if you can help…

Please, I’ll be checking the forum, but just in case, my e-mail is martyn.alexandro@schweiz.ch

Thank you in advance 2 everyone…

/Martín Alejandro Carmona Selva
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Have you tried updating Easy CD Creator? There have been numerous patches released for it. www.roxio.com

No, to be honest with you, I didn’t.

But since, this is the Version that came with my drive, and I bought it 2 weeks ago…

But, I’ll give it a try right now!!!

Maybe you could try with some other software (Nero can be downloaded from http://www.ahead.de). Do you still see the CD drive icon in Explorer or Device Manager? If no, then probably your IDE cable could have come off!