LG Triple format drive: 229$ shipped

vbimport

http://www.accupc.com/itemDetail.jsp?pid=DRGSA4040BI

Says it will ship in 24 hours, and these guys have an awesome reseller rating.
Kenshin, I believe you said that this drive is available in ROK for ~200$ US ,right?

Who needs RAM compatibility? The media is overpriced and seems that it will never become as popular as plus or minus ones. I doubt that you will ever want to burn a RAM DVD. Why then getting LG?

DVD-RAM is the only serious way to back up data permanently. It’s better than - and + in that respect.

LOL, DVD-RAM is better… why? 'cause you got a load of RAM discs and hoping to find more suckers to join you in the quest of using soon to be obsolete tech?

Yes, accupc is nice, but it’s no match for Newegg.com. I’d rather buy a NEC ND-1300A ($170), Pioneer DVR-106 ($206), and my personally fav, Optorite DD0203 ($200), all affordable dual format writers.

:bigsmile: .Yep… hoping to con someone :wink: . No seriously, I’m getting a Pioneer 4X A05… can’t afford anything better. But I still believe that DVD-RAM’s features are better than anything + and - offer, For data archival only!

Well, DVD-R and DVD+R are faster to write on than DVD RAM. If you do WriteOnce, you can do perfect backups on + or - media under 15mins. What else one would want? Make a HD out of a DVD? Nah, come on. If you want HD, then buy a HD, they are so cheap now and price per gigabyte is MUCH lower than DVD RAM discs have (the ratio).

If RAM media will once be as cheap as +/- then I will look into it but now it is OVERPRICED. As I said, want quick backups and etc, get a 200GB drive.

1 disc of RAM (5GB) is about $10. Then for $100 you can buy 50GB of space. If you buy HD, you can buy 160GB of space and UDMA 100/133 transfers. No brainer. :wink:

My understanding is that DVD-RAM is technologically superior to both + and -RW. For individual re-writing needs, +RW is still a better choice in terms of cost/benefit ratio, but DVD-RAM is quite popular in business applications. If triple format DVD burners would eventually bring down the cost of DVD-RAM, then we should welcome the competition instead of resisting it.

DAT (Digital Audio Tape) as a consumer format failed miserably, but it survived in the professional music recording industry. DVD-RAM will still suvive as a niche product even if consumers don’t support it.

Originally posted by Bhairav
[B]http://www.accupc.com/itemDetail.jsp?pid=DRGSA4040BI

Says it will ship in 24 hours, and these guys have an awesome reseller rating.
Kenshin, I believe you said that this drive is available in ROK for ~200$ US ,right? [/B]

Much lower. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I can sell NEC ND-1300A for even lower.

Yikes :eek: How much cheaper? I think a visit to the ROK is in my near future :wink:

Yah the only problem with the 1300a nec is trying to get it to burn period. It seems to like easy cd creator 6. I cant get mas well as well as others just read the posts.