LG Simultaneous Burning Problem!

Hi there! First of all, sorry about my english i speak spanish only :stuck_out_tongue: i´ll try to do my best :wink:

Well. i had a GSA-H20 burning perfectly at highspeeds alone, but now, ive bought an extra recorder, the GSA-H42N. Now i want to burn the same ISO/IMAGE/PROJECT on the two recorders (for example,on alcohol) at 6x or 8x and the speeds stays at 2X all the time, no matter what!! if i burn it first in one recorder and then on the other, the speed its perfect as i selected it !!

i have a MSI NEO NFORCE550, AMD 4200 DUALCORE, 1GB RAM OCZ DDR2, HD WD320 SATA, WINXP SP2.

Both recorders are on the IDE channel (one as master and other as slave). You could say that is THIS the problem!! But in my job i have 2 recorders and 2 HD (ALL IDE!) and no problems like this!!

ps: ive tried first without the nvidia IDE drivers and then, later on, WITH the drivers from the motherboard, but NO difference.

I hope you understood me and can help me!! thanks a lot in advance!!

cya

No one can help me ??? pleasee! thx

Not sure, but on my “old” mobo with only IDE, I couldn’t get DMA to work on my 42N, if it was set to slave. When I set it to master, it worked great.
In another thread, I remember someone mentioning that certain LG drives don’t like being slave.
This may not be at all the answer, but with your mobo, I would think you should be using SATA?

However, the IDE was probably added to the mobo for legacy purposes and not much effort was used to make sure it would handle two drives at the same time.

Yes, I guess that’s the reason.

do you think that may be the problem?? You say its NOT working like a “NORMAL” or old-ide ?

i still dont know why, but im sure the two recorders aren´t the problem.its another issue.

thx for the help! i accept suggestions :wink:

:bigsmile:

I would get an extra ide controller (SIL chipset), then it shold work, or just get an SATA burner.