Lg Rh7926w

hello.

anyone knows, why is it that my LG HDD & DVD playable recorder keeps showing the “PLEASE WAIT” signal? initially when i bought it, it works perfectly fine. now it’s just a week after i bought it. after i on the recorder, it shows “HELLO”. then it shows “PLEASE WAIT” for a long time and would not change, unless i off it. when i on it again, this problem occurs again.

any idea what went wrong or any solution?
thanks!

Take it back.
I’ve had the same problem.
It gets worse.
Warranty department keeps telling me it’s fixed but has not improved.
I have taken it there 5 times now.
Trying to get a replacement now.
With this problem, timed recording doesn’t work (as it doesn’t boot up properly).
Later the unit “shuts down” to the PLEASE WAIT and tries to reboot continuously…eventually it does but takes longer each time.
This happens even when you’re in the middle of watching a recorded program from the Hard drive or a dvd.
Was fairly happy with the unit until this problem (which has now been going on for more than 6 months)
:sad: .

I’ve recently experienced the same problem!!! Had the unit for about 6 months and then about a month ago the system would shut down whether I was watching a program via the HDD or DVD and now shuts down if I simply have the unit on…period.

Been reading other forums where they suggest upgrading the firmware, but this is for different models. If anyone has a solution for this model, other than taking it to the warranty center (I live in China and bought the thing in Singapore), I would be most grateful!!!

Cheers,
STICK

fellows I have the same problem before, to backlane you should go to a repair center and ask the technician to replace the HDD. you buy best brand of hard disk because LG use western digital brand. I think this brand of HDD isn’t good we have o lot of this HDD on our office and same problems. sorry for western digital.

[QUOTE=backlane;1593302]hello.

anyone knows, why is it that my LG HDD & DVD playable recorder keeps showing the “PLEASE WAIT” signal? initially when i bought it, it works perfectly fine. now it’s just a week after i bought it. after i on the recorder, it shows “HELLO”. then it shows “PLEASE WAIT” for a long time and would not change, unless i off it. when i on it again, this problem occurs again.

any idea what went wrong or any solution?
thanks![/QUOTE]

to backlane you should go to a repair center and ask the technician to replace the HDD.