LG RH7500 problems with dvd-d disks

vbimport

Dear Members,

I will start by saying that I am not a DVD recorder expert, but have encountered the following problem which is quite annoying.

I have recorded several times onto Sony DVD-R disks and the following problem has occured each time. The disk is recognised and it records well, but after finalizing the disk and when I playing there is a slight stammer that happens at regular interaval.

However if I use DVD+R disks this does not occur, but on inserting the disk for the first time the disk has to be formatted.

The manual states that both types of disk are supported, hence dring me nuts!!

Can anyone help.

Nunny

when I playing there is a slight stammer that happens at regular interaval.

i assume your talking about playing the discs back in a regular DVD player, as in video playback stutters and skips? … if that’s what your saying then the most obvious thing is to burn at a slower speed. try 8x as that’s usually a safe bet as far as burning quality on disc in general.

if that don’t cure it. use Verbatim DVD+R disc with booktype set to DVD-ROM (if your drive can do this. but since you said your Sony +R discs work odds are the Booktype aint a issue with your setup) as those should be dang near guaranteed to work. as Verbatim discs are in general the best discs out there especially at a cheaper price.