LG RH7500 80Gb HDD & LG PC-Burned discs

vbimport

I’m considering buying this model of DVD Recorder with built in 80Gb Hard Drive. However, a relative of mine has an LG DR4912 DVD Recorder.

The problem I have encountered with the DR4912 is that any +R discs that are burned on my PC (using an NEC 3520A writer) are ejected immediatly by the LG- it will not even attempt to play them. BUT THESE SAME DISCS PLAYED PERFECTLY ON MY PHILIPS DVDR980 DVD RECORDER AND CHEAP MATSUI PLAYER. Plus, the LG DR4192 played other +R discs (including ones recorded on the Philips fine- it just seems to not like ones done on the PC).

Therefore I need to know if the LG RH7500 will have the same incompatibilty issues with the PC-burned +R discs. If so, then It won’t be much use to me.

Does anyone know of any known issues with LG and PC-Burned +Rs. I mainly use Datawrite/Datasafe or Bulqpac 4x or 8x. But non of these have caused problems with the Philips and Matsui. Thanks.

I’d like to recommend waiting for more releases of LG “all-in-one” standalones. LG’s rapidly advancing in standalone and HDTV product markets. The differences in older generations and latest generations may be very big. Some have HDTV tuner built into the standalone as well as larger HDD and more types of external connections for sound and video, in and out.

Some LG DVD products don’t explicitly support DVD+R/+RW. Some do. LG officially supports DVD-RAM first. And then DVD-RAM and DVD-RW/-R. And then DVD-RAM and DVD-RW/-R and DVD+RW/+R. The support for the Plus type media comes last. Philips supports DVD+RW/+R very well. DVD recorders from LG sold in LG’s home market (South Korea) don’t support Plus type at all.

You already have a Philips DVD+RW/+R recorder so getting the RH7500 doesn’t sound like a good buy at this time, a little early I mean. :slight_smile:

Yet the LG DR7400 on sale throughout Europe is +RW/+R only

I’m surprised. :slight_smile: The only DVD recorder in South Korea that only supports + is from Philips and since Philips officially doesn’t exist in South Korea, just a small quantity of gray-ishly imported Philips boxes.

If it’s Plus-only but cannot read some DVD+R disks properly, it sounds like a media problem.

Use a better combination of PC DVD burners and media than “Datawrite/Datasafe or Bulqpac 4x or 8x” that you tried. Post a write quality scan image of one of the disks burnt from ND-3520A. ND-3520A is capable of PIE/PIF scanning.

The DR7400 is +RW recorder only-no HDD-it’s the cheapest LG model on sale in Europe.

The other new models are dual format with DVD+R DL recording and some have HDD.

US and European models listed here(only 1 with RAM support)

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdrecorders.php?DVDname=LG&Submit=Search&hdsize=Any&orderby=Name&hits=25&Search=Search

I gotta import some LG DVD recorders someday to Seoul.

What about Ellion Digital -I thought they were Korean? Do they not sell to their home market?

http://www.elliondigital.com/eng/

Not sure why but I can’t open the link. If it’s inside South Korea, they should ship domestically of course.

Tried several times and now I can open the page.

1. 03 Exhibiting in CeBIT with World slim HDD Combo Recorder
    (DVR-950S, DVR-950T, DVR-950H)

2. 01 Exhibiting in CES LAS VEGAS with Full Line up of DVD Recorder

3. 11 Awarded USD 30Mil Export Tower by Korean Government

4. 10 HDD+DVD Combo Recorder Mass Production

Exhibiting in Hong Kong Electronics Exhibition with HDD Combo Recorder

1. 09 Prominent Company Award by Korean Government

2. 08 Developed Dual Recorder (+/- RW universal recording )

Developed HDD+DVD Combo Recorder

1. 07 Excellent prize Awarded in Good Design
    ( DVD Recorder model : DVR-530S) 2004 by Korean Government

2. 05 Venture Company Award by Korean Government

3. 03 Developed World’s slimmest 44mm DVD+RW Recorder

Exhibiting in CeBIT with World’s slimmest 44mm DVD+RW Recorder 
  1. 11 Awarded USD 10Mil Export Tower by Korean Government

2. 09 DVD Recorder Mass Production

3. 08 Exhibiting in IFA Berlin with DVD Recorder (DVR 900A)

4. 03 Exhibiting in CeBIT with first Mock up DVD Recorder

5. 12 Developed HTiB (Home Theater system in a Box)

6. 03 Established Ellion Digital Inc

It’s one of the export-driven manufacturers in South Korea. They concentrate on exports, and virtually ignore domestic sales. No South Korean company can seriously compete against LG and Samsung in South Korea unless they do extremely well like Zalman and iRiver.

It’s not a reseller but a manufacturer. There have been DVD player and DVD-ROM drive makers in South Korea as well beside Samsung and LG but hardly any South Korean consumer heard of any of their names even though many of them have had quite a high percentage of market share in North America and Europe. No marketing channel usually.

Thanks for the link anyway. I’ll have to gather some information about the company first.

About a few hours from where I live.

Some DVD players that don’t explicitly support +R will sometimes play them, although erratic in choice.

Your NEC burner has the ability to bitset the +R discs to DVD-ROM, which should increase the compatibility of them in both players and recorders.

It’s quite entertaining to see people totally oblivious of the world market and considering only their own local version of “high-tech”.

“Not Invented Here”, eh?

BTW… Everybody outside N America/Some Asia, says “What’s HDTV”? (For those with a humour bypass, please don’t answer…)

A?B…C!!

You should just try on your own instead of resorting to dismissing Asia/America. East Asia and North America practically are responsible for 2/3 of the world market.

I TOO ENCOUNTERED THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY DR4912. NOW, THE DR4912 MODEL ACTUALLY HAS TWO VERSIONS. ONE DR4912 AND THE OTHER DR4912V. THE 4912V VERSION DOES NOT HAS THIS PROBLEM AND ALSO SUPPORTS THE +R DISCS THAT DR4912 DPES NOT SUPPORT.

SECONDLY, RH-7500 ALSO HAS THE SAME PROBLEM AND DOES NOT SUPPORT SOME +R DISCS.

I TOO HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, BUT ONCE I BURNED THE SAME DISC IN -R, IT WAS PERFECTLY RECOGNIZED BY DR4912 & RH7500. (USING BOTH LG RECORDERS GSA5160D AND ALSO THE GSA4163)

Welcome to CDFreaks. :slight_smile:

Something wrong with your keyboard?

I dont know if I’m in the correct area or forum but I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I bought the LG RH7500.
It is hooke up to a Sony Nicam TV and a Sky freeview box.
All units have two Scarts.

I have a Problem with timer recording. Seems the timer will not start unless the RH7500 is turned off after setting the timer.

This applies to manual timer recording or Showview recording. The instruction manual does not say anything about turning the unit off.

Something wrong with my scart arangement ?

I hope someone can help…

Many thanks

I have been using my recorder for some time now, and the timer recording works as specified in the manual (set to standby for timer recording).

Does the freeview box automatically start the recording? via the scart ie set up the freeview via timer and get the LG to automatically start recording once the freeview swithces on.

Also, can you watch a dvd while the unit is recording?

Hi

i purchased this model a couple of week ago, have been recording onto HDD with no problems. i then dubbed a couple of things onto DVD R’s for a friend and they wont play on his machine, if he puts them in a PC it says the discs are blank. But yet if i put them in my 7500 it plays them. can anyone help me understand what is happening? is my machine faulty?

Are you finalising the discs after the recording?