LG or Sony?

vbimport

Hello people!

I have two choices of CD-Writers that I can buy in my area (San Francisco)... too bad there are not many computer stores there that sells EFM writers... only two in my area are found, if you know any place that I can buy a Lite-On or some other EFM writer, please post it here or PM me... Thanks...

Well, here's are my choices...
Sony CRX185A1
LG GCE-8320B

And here's what i think of these writers...
First, Feurio!® don't know anything about this new sony writer and all the CD-writers sony have doesn't support overburning, am I right about this? and does this support overburn? did anybody try?

LG is better but a little bit slower then sony, also no info on Feurio!®, their other writers seems to support overburning at 99:59, and does this do overburning too? is 99:59 good enough, can a firmware upgrades it's overburning function? like to increase it so it can burn more minutes?

Help would be nice here...
Thanks for spening your time and reading this :smiley:

You don’t want to buy over the net in the States? pricewatch.com & newegg.com are popular. Always stick “CloneCD” somewhere in the post otherwise I tend to move 'em to hardware :wink:

Sony are very nice - try these on:[ul][li]CRX175A1[]CRX185E1[]CRX185E3[*]CRX195E1[/ul]They are SD2.51.021 killers.
[/li]
Check out posts by Glynx about LG writers

PS Loved SF in 1994 :slight_smile:

Well, I can’t buy online because I don’t have a credit card YET.
Also does the SD Killers do overburning?
Thanks… :slight_smile:

Hello anybody?

i dont know, but honestly, 13 hours and you are that anxious for a reply? shame on you.

Just want to buy the writer soon so I can burn my games :wink:

lol, understandable. the gce, with the proper firmware, is supposed to be a killer as well. sounds like it comes down to a price issue

I just have to wonder…just two choices in the whole town of San Francisco???
I have more choices in my small town. (About 15 000 ppl)
Is it different in the States?
Dont get me wrong here…I´m not sarcastic…just curious!

There are only EFM Capable 2 writers that are sold in the stores in SF.
There are some other non EFM capable writers too :frowning:

Haha…
Never mind people!

I do an Yahoo search and found http://www.cdfreaks.com/news2.php3?ID=3789
Actually it is here, why don’t people know about this? :eek:

Also I found this at BurnWorld about this new sony writer’s buffer underrun protection.

Power-Burn

Power-Burn is the technology designed to prevent errors in writing data onto a CD-R/RW disk in a CD-R/RW drive by automatically setting up the optimum recording conditions for the media while automatically adjusting to the delay in data transmission from a host PC. Even if data writing onto a CD-R/RW disk is interrupted due to delays in data transmission from the host PC (buffer under-run), Power-Burn technology instantly controls and accurately connects the interruption and resumption points of the data recording to give continuous writing indispensable for CD-R/RW playback compatibility.

In addition Power-Burn automatically optimizes recording conditions for the CD-R/RW drive such as the writing speed and the strength of recording laser light,analyzing the disk quality by reading pre-recorded information like the recommended recording speed and the conditions of a recordable side of the disk. In general, the acceleration of writing speed of CD-R/RW drives increases the possibility of delay in the data transmission from the host PC, which causes buffer under-run. Because CRX175A stops its data transmission when buffer under-run occurs and resumes writing only after a sufficient amount of data has been transmitted from the host PC, it avoids writing errors.

See ya :wink:

Ok while we’re on the subject anyone know what the difference between the CRX195E1 and the CRX195A1?

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]You don’t want to buy over the net in the States? pricewatch.com & newegg.com are popular. Always stick “CloneCD” somewhere in the post otherwise I tend to move 'em to hardware :wink:

Sony are very nice - try these on:[ul][li]CRX175A1[]CRX185E1[]CRX185E3[*]CRX195E1[/ul]They are SD2.51.021 killers.
[/li]>
Check out posts by Glynx about LG writers

PS Loved SF in 1994 :slight_smile: [/B]

Ok while we’re on the subject anyone know what the difference between the CRX195E1 and the CRX195A1?

CRX195E1 is for OEM computers and CRX195A1 is for retail. :slight_smile:

Ok so in other words there should be no difference in the hardware? Just software thats bundle with it… ie none for the OEM, and garbage for the “A” model

No, nothing different in hardware…
see below…

When I first got this drive I was a little confused. The box says that the drive is a CRX185A1 but the label on the drive itself says its a CRX185E1. I asked Sony about this and they said that the two models are the same. The CRX185A1 is the retail version of the drive, where the CRX185E1 is destined for the OEM market. Sony just gives them different model numbers in order to keep track of them. Since Sony sent us one of the first drives off the assembly line, we ended up with a CRX185E1.

This is same for CRX195.
:slight_smile: