I need some help here.
I can get one of the 3 drives here.
My choice is:
LG - 12X 4120b drive (internal)
BenQ - 16X (Internal) - Not sure which model it is
BTC - 16X - 1016im (internal)
My reason’s for each are:
LG -I like - I like the LG brand - I think it is high quality (just my opinion)
-I don’t like-Only 12X - A bit outdated. I would like a black face plate - can’t get one
BenQ -I like - From the Acer brand - A good brand - BenQ is a liked brand. 16X
-I don’t like-Again I can’t get a black face plate.
BTC -I like-I can get a black face plate, 16X, 4X DL
-I don’t like- Nobody thinks BTC is the best
The choice must be based on the following things
- Writing quality to DVD+R media (Very important)
- Writing quality to other DVD Media
- Speed (Only moderately important) (Genuine 12X is fine)
- Overclocking Disks SUCCESSFULLY (with respect to write quality) - Currently I am using BenQ (Daxon) +R media
- Reasonable write quality to el-cheapo media (modeately important)
- Good (and often) firmware updates
- 99.9% chance of getting a successful firmware update
- No coasters
Thanks for your opinion
PS. Once you have voted, please give your reason for choosing