LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GE20LU10 Book Type

[qanda]This thread is about the LG 20x External Super Multi Security DVD Rewriter. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hey, I had an Hp dvd burner that I was unable to change the book type with. So, I went out and bought an LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GE20LU10. I know that LG burners are supposed to be able to change the book type to DVD-ROM, but I still can’t do it using DVD Decrypter. Is it possible to change the book type to DVD-ROM with this burner? And if so, how?

Hi and Welcome!

DVD Decrypter burning engine is ancient. Use ImgBurn instead.

Michael

Yes I’ve tried ImgBurn as well, but no luck. I’ve been trying to figure this out for about a week now and it’s driving me crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stupid question: You are using DVD+R media?

Yes I’m using Verbatim DVD+R DL

Where are you getting your information from, that your DLs are not booktyped?

My DLs are booktyped as DVD+R DL, but I want to change that to DVD-ROM using ImgBurn or DVD Decrypter, but it won’t let me. Now I’ve heard that you are supposed to be able to change the booktype with LG burners, but its not working for me.

Post a screenshot of the Nero CD-DVD Speed Extra/Bitsetting window.

I just have crossflashed my GH20NS10 to a GE20LU10 and it still displays the settings below using the older cdspeed 4.7.5.0 when a DVD-ROM booktyped disk is inserted. Do you have any software like AnyDVD running that might interfere the displayed values ?

Is that a blank DL in Post #9? Could you place a burnt disc in & Copy & Paste all the information in the right hand window of ImgBurn into a reply Post.

I just have crossflashed my GH20NS10 to a GE20LU10 and it still displays the settings below using the older cdspeed 4.7.5.0 when a DVD-ROM booktyped disk is inserted. Do you have any software like AnyDVD running that might interfere the displayed values ?

I have programs like that, but they aren’t running.

Is that a blank DL in Post #9? Could you place a burnt disc in & Copy & Paste all the information in the right hand window of ImgBurn into a reply Post.

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GE20LU10 FE05 (USB)
Current Profile: DVD+R DL

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Sessions: 1
Sectors: 3,697,696
Size: 7,572,881,408 bytes
Time: 821:44:46 (MM:SS:FF)
Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x

DVD±R DL Boundary Information:
L0 Data Zone Capacity: 1,913,760
Changeable: No

TOC Information:
Session 1… (LBA: 0)
-> Track 01 (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 3697695)
-> LeadOut (LBA: 3697696)

Disc Control Blocks Information:
HP

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66
Book Type: DVD-ROM
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 2
Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)
Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,450,783
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2,110,367

Layer Information:
Layer 0 Sectors: 1,913,760 (51.76%)
Layer 1 Sectors: 1,783,936 (48.24%)

I figured it out! Thanks for all your help

[QUOTE=fivestarecw2003;2238955]HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GE20LU10 FE05 (USB)

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66
[B]Book Type: DVD-ROM[/B]
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

[QUOTE=fivestarecw2003;2238975]I figured it out! Thanks for all your help[/QUOTE]
what was the cause of the problem? I might have the same.

how did you get it to work?