LG H55N not recognizing blank cds etc

vbimport

Newbie here, I’m trying to burn cds using the LG H55N cd dvd burner, and Nero nor Window Media Player are recognizing a blank cd in the drive. It would appear that iTunes does recognize them, but when I try to burn a cd using iTunes, it fails with an “unknown error”.

I’ve checked around on the forums first for some other fixes and so far none of them have worked.

I have:

[ul]
[li]Uninstalled the drive and rebooted so it would reinstall[/li][li]Updated the firmware to 1.05[/li][li]Made sure the option is checked to “Enable CD recording on this drive” in it’s properties[/li][li]Tried to mod the sysoc.inf file as per this post http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/lite-ltr-24102m-problem-79965/ in my Windows/INF folder, except the file nor folder exists[/li][*]Used multiple brands of blank discs and none of them work[/ul]About 2 months ago I burned 3 cds using this drive, didn’t use it until about a week ago, and that’s when I noticed this happening. I’m not sure what else I can tell you other than I’m on XP SP2 and have no clue how to fix this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scrap itunes.
Use cdburnerxp or imgburn and try to burn.

Yeah, I wouldn’t normally use iTunes for such a purpose, I just noticed when I had it open that the burn button was enabled with one of my blank discs in the drive, unlike Nero. I’ve found a free download for cdburnerxp so I’ll be getting that either today or tomorrow and will try that out and report back with results.

OK, tried with cdburnerxp and still a no go. Hit burn and I get a “There is no disc in the drive. Please insert a cd-r/rw and try again” message. I tried a few different types of discs and retried, all to no avail.

I should also note that cds and dvds work in the drive, it just cannot find blank ones.

Any suggestions from here?

You maybe have to uninstall itunes, its crap…

For the drive to recognize blank CD-Rs? Sorry if I am a bit skeptical but I don’t buy that. Seems as though it’d be an issue with the drive to me.

Yes, itunes aswell as Daemon tool and Incd and Alcohol installing same crappo drivers that the system goes crazy…