Lg gsa t20n

I just bought dvdfab and when I went to write to a disk, it was jumpy. I changed the write speed to 4, but it was still jumpy.

I was wondering if I have to update my dvd writer firmware or driver?

I have a HL-DT-ST DVDRAM_GSA T20N WF08 dvd writer.

I am new to this, so any assistance would be great, thank you.

What brand of disk (+ or -) are you using? Does the drive play commercial DVD’s without being “jumpy”? What program are you using to burn the disk? Does the movie play correctly from your hard drive before you burn it to disk?

is there a possibility to install a custom firmware to that drive? i have got the WP03 and it does not read nearly any self burned DL-DVD - my brother’s T40N does read all of them… is my drive broken or is there a possibility to get an older firmware?

thx

[QUOTE=Agassiz;2311260]is there a possibility to install a custom firmware to that drive? i have got the WP03 and it does not read nearly any self burned DL-DVD - my brother’s T40N does read all of them… is my drive broken or is there a possibility to get an older firmware?

thx[/QUOTE]

Custom firmware???
The drive requires a specific firmware - only for thismodel. You cannot flash just another firmware from another drive without wrecking the drive …

And DL is a special case… if the source is bad any drive will struggle to read them.