LG GSA-T10N Firmware?

vbimport

Hey guys,

I’ve reflashed my GSA-T10N with TDB firmware but now when I burn a DVVD the burning buffer fluctuates alot, from 30% to 80% about 2 times a second. It took 8 minutes to burn 11% so I stopped it and now its telling me it is a CD ROM instead of DVDRAM etc.

I originally flashed it to get the link between dvdshrink -> nero working. FLASHMANS Detect Firmware says “HL-DT-STDVDRAM GSA-T10N Firmware Version: PRO3”.

I cannot for the life of me find some default or generic or any other firmware updates for this burner. I have read the stickies but can’t find one relevant sorry.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction please?

edit
Just thought i’d mention that according to LG’s site this burner does not exist >_<

Welcome to cdfreaks :slight_smile:

Post the result of the Nero CD-DVD Speed burst transfer test, you need a disk with some data in the drive to run the test. It should display about 23 MB/sec.
Check the DMA settings of your source and target drive.

and now its telling me it is a CD ROM instead of DVDRAM etc.

That is a Windows Explorer bug, just ignore it.

Hi there, thank you for your reply :slight_smile:

This is before i went and looked at the DMA:

only 2mb/s :open_mouth: :frowning:

And “Primary IDE Channel” both are “use DMA…” but the secondary shows:

Should “Device 1” be Use DMA too?

Thanks again,

Batnom

“use DMA” is useless.

Set it to DMA mode, then test again.

Which firmware is pronted on the label of the drive?

I think you have flashed with a wrong firmware, so you have problems now.

Hi there, I changed device 0 to “Use DMA if possible”, ran the test again and it was 1mb/s…

Not sure what you mean to “set it to dma mode”, the only option i could see was “use dma if possible”.

I also don’t know what you mean by ‘firmware printed on the label of the drive’? I’ve checked in and around the physical drive and can see no markings of a model/make or firmware.

I got the model from the device manager, it told me it was a LG GSA-T10N, and that’s what I flashed it with. Is there any reason why the device manager would be lying to me?

Thanks again for your help guys.

Only the “Current Transfer Mode” counts.

Ah I see, well on the Secondary IDE Channel device0 is “Not applicable” and device1 is “PIO Mode”, is there any other way I can change it? I have gone to the links in your signature but I can’t read one and the other doesn’t help.

Also is there any way I can find out the real make/model of my drive so I can flash it with the right firmware?

:frowning: bump?

Try with DMAble :slight_smile:

Hello everyone!

I am a new member. I have an old Compaq Presario 920ea Notebook and as it is natural my combo CD-R/DVD drive stop gradualy working. I decided to upgrade with an LG GSA-T10N, but I have a small doubt that it might no work due to master/slave compatibility. So I ended up here because I can’t find a reverse firmware. Can anybody post a link please?

Thank you

kg_evilboy, you are a legend, that fixed it!!

Thank you so much :smiley: :smiley:

Hi,

Open up your case and reinstall your drive properly. It seems to be connected to the slave connector, but there is no master drive attached. So make sure, the drive’s jumper is set to master and attach the drive to the end connector of the cable.
In addition, check your BIOS options. All DMA/UDMA related settings should be set to “Auto” if possible.

Michael

Hi, my laptop comes from repair and with this new drive, but I cannot burn any kind of DVD’s on Nero. Alchool and others programs works fine. It’s not problem of instaltion of nero because I’ve formatted the pc first. I think is some kind of firmware/incompatibility problem with nero. Can someone help me please?