LG GSA-H62N or Samsung SH-S203B

I’m having some mechanical problems with my BenQ drive and it produces cyclic redundancy check errors on some CD’s that a LG 4163b reads with no problem. That’s why I’m looking for a replacement for it. So far I’ve narrowed it down to the H62N and the S203B. I’m looking for good overall performer. I was leaning more towards the Samsung, seeing it can read SD2.9 and not knowing how the LG handles copy protections but I’m still not convinced. I’d like some opinions, and please no scans.

Well if you have already narrowed your search down to two drives, I would choose the SATASH203B samsung. I have this drive and it is a good reader and writer, and if bought online it is also very inexpensive.:flower::flower: Welcome to our forum. CRCs are not necessarily the drive, it could very well be the media you are using.

What I’m also worried about is whtether my motherboard (MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR) would handle the writer correctlys, because usually it can’t work with a SATA hard drive until that hard drive is part of a RAID array. So I’m not certain how a optical drive will behave in RAID mode.