Lg Gsa-h54l

I just got a I/O Magic which turned out to be a LG GSA-H54L

I can’t find much information on this drive. LG’s own website does not have it either. My guess is that this is one of OEM model name.

This is my first LG. I used to have BenQ but it’s dying. BenQ always issue firmware update. Does LG issue firmware update? Or is it cross-flashable to a model that LG supports directly? Is there any benefit with firmware update or cross-flash?

Thanks!

You can crossflash the drive to a GSA-H55L. The H55 firmware should be newer and improved. You can also apply a riplock patch.

[QUOTE=ala42;1932575]You can crossflash the drive to a GSA-H55L. The H55 firmware should be newer and improved. You can also apply a riplock patch.[/QUOTE]

Could you point me to a guide? Thanks!

I can find the H55L firmware in .exe on Canadian website but that won’t work on my H54L. Where can I find the cross flasher software and the proper .bin file?

Thanks!

[quote=cheerful;1944511]I can find the H55L firmware in .exe on Canadian website but that won’t work on my H54L. Where can I find the cross flasher software and the proper .bin file?

Thanks![/quote]I suggest you start reading here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f91/mediacodespeededit-support-lg-dvd-writers-133858/index33.html#post1921780:flower:

Thanks