LG GSA-H54L: Help please

vbimport

When I try to burn an image onto a dvd using Nero, it states that it is writing at 18x but it takes 1 hr 4 mins to burn a 3gig movie(ISO). When I use DVD Decrypter and I set it at 18x to burn the same project, it only burns at .9x and takes the same amount of time, a little over an hour. What is the problem?

I have another desktop that has a Lite-On dvd writer and it only burns at 2.4x but takes only 16mins to burn the same project.

What am I doing wrong? Please help.

Thanks…

Unistall the drive thru the device manager then reboot computer and let windows reinstall it! Can you post a burning log? Also make sure DMA (Direct Memory Access) is enabled!

THE C:

I uninstalled the secondary ide channel since it was set at PIO and not DMA. After reboot, the device now is set at Ultra DMA Mode 2. The writer now burns @ ~5x to 11x :clap: which is a lot faster than the .9x it was writing b4. That’s why I’m a newbie :doh:

Any ideas why it’s not burning at 18x? Please advise.

Only certain mediacodes (every disc has a mediacode, or MID) will be supported at the full 18x - all others will be limited to the 16x rated on the disc.

Verbatim should burn at 18x :slight_smile:

[B][B]Arachne[/B]:

Yes, I’m using Verbatim 18X DVD+R.

Hmm…Now it is writing at 7x…Strange. Should I return this writer and get something else?

Thanks in advance.

Daluvdr
[/B]

Can you try something for me…download and run CD-DVD Speed, and using the program’s “Create Disc” option (open up the Create Disc tab, and with a blank disc in your drive, click Start), burn a disc.

When it’s done burning the disc, click the little floppy shaped icon in the top right of the window, and save the pic as a .png file.

Then upload it here (using the Go Advanced -> Manage attachments option when you post) so we can see what’s happening during the burn.

Unfortunately it means wasting a disc, though.

Can I use the CD-DVD Speed from Nero? If yes then I will do as you said after I finish burning an ISO of 3gig DVD movie. I’m using DVD Decrypter for this and it is writing at 3-4x from DVD (source) to C: (destination).

I would like to see this writer burn at the speed(or near it) it is advertised at.

I will upload the .png file when available.

Thanks again…

[quote=Arachne;2035356]Can you try something for me…download and run CD-DVD Speed, and using the program’s “Create Disc” option (open up the Create Disc tab, and with a blank disc in your drive, click Start), burn a disc.

When it’s done burning the disc, click the little floppy shaped icon in the top right of the window, and save the pic as a .png file.

Then upload it here (using the Go Advanced -> Manage attachments option when you post) so we can see what’s happening during the burn.

Unfortunately it means wasting a disc, though.[/quote]

I used the Nero CD-DVD Speed(v.4.7.7.15) but was unable to save the png file because it came up with some “error saving file” message. I was able to save it by capturing it to the clipboard, pasting it in Paint and then saving it as a png file. What a hassle…maybe a bug or something.

But anyways, the png file is attached.

[QUOTE=daluvdr;2035354][B][B]Arachne[/B]:

Yes, I’m using [U]Verbatim 18X DVD+R.[/U]

Hmm…Now it is writing at 7x…Strange. Should I return this writer and get something else?

Thanks in advance.

Daluvdr
[/B][/QUOTE]

MCC004 is 16x rated DVD+R.
It writes P-CAV, scan/burn looks fine.

Looks perfect…

The reason it’s reading slow in dvddecrypter is due to the riplock.