LG GSA-H50N vs. LiteOn LH-20A1H vs. NEC AD-7170A

So, I have a Pioneer DVR-112D right now, and want a second drive for both reading and writing (mainly reading though). The NEC has been getting bad reviews, so it is pretty much out of the way for me, but I still put it in the title to see some of your opinions on it. I personally have decided on the LiteOn, because in the CDFreaks reviews of the LiteOn and the LG, the LiteOn seems to pretty much outshine the LG in features, reading speed/quality, and writing speed/quality. Nevertheless, let me know your opinion, guys. Thanks!

You already have a good burner. I would choose the Liteon because
of it’s scanning capabilities.

Edit: BTW, Welcome to CD Freaks.

Hi dasemendemon, welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

Your other two threads have been deleted and the remaining thread moved here to the Optical Drives forum.

Posting the same thing in two or more threads in the same or different forums is called cross-posting and it’s against our forum rules because it creates additional work for the people involved.

Please don’t cross-post again.

I would stay away from the new Lite-On 20x drives as there ability to burn at 20 x is very limited in the Media it can use for this. TYG03 is about the only media I have found that will work with my LH 20A1P. If you search this forum for the sacn results of the Lite-On 20x burners you will see the results are horrid in my opinion.

If you want a drive for scanning get an older 16x lite-on.

Also there is a review comming out shortly on the new LG H62N/L SATA burner which I believe will be a very positive review as the testing I have done with mine has proven the drive to be a great burner and produces wonderful scans if you put a lot of faith in scanning! :slight_smile:

Good luck in your quest for answers!

Wow, thanks a lot for the warm welcome! And I’m sorry for the cross-posting. I didn’t know that there was a general forum for ALL drives to post in, so I posted in all three company subforums. :stuck_out_tongue: As for the drive I am going to get now, thanks to all of your helpful advice, is the highest model LG IDE drive available, the GSA-H50N. :slight_smile: Thanks a lot, once again. :smiley:

I believe the latest drive by LG that is an IDE based drive is the H55N/L