LG GSA-H42N Super multi drive problem?

vbimport

Im having a problem with my h-42n dvd burner.i have burned more then 30 discs successfully and now it is giving me a problem with a moserbaer dvd-r
which i have used previously and had gud results.Nero 8 says Illegal disc.

PC specs:

WinXP(with nero8)
Win vista home premium
LG-gsa h42n
LG-gce 8525b
512mb ram - 256x2
80 gb hdd
3.06 ghz intel p4
nvidia geforce 8800 gt
firmware:RL00:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

MBI media isn’t the most reliable media. Some of it is extremely good; other stuff is extremely bad. And you can easily get both bad and good discs in the same package.

I suggest getting some Verbatim-branded media, if possible. If not possible, tell us what you can get, and we might be able to instruct you on something better. :flower:

My LG’s (Renesas chipset, same as the H42N) tend to like MBIL media…what speed are these discs, and have you tried a lower speed?

Consistency can often be a problem with them though as mentioned.

If by any chance Moser Baer is all you can get, perhaps try some +R.

It could be just a poorly stamped batch, I have had this problem before, I just returned them. I love my LG H42N (even though I had a disc explode in it and it still works fine.):bigsmile:

which would be a good brand and a cheap one??

i live in bangalore…:bigsmile:

[quote=killer007;2029274]which would be a good brand and a cheap one??

i live in bangalore…:bigsmile:[/quote]
Taiyo Yuden is a good one and Princo is a bad one, but there are many of both.:wink:

i get some sony, tech.com,imation, etc

would it be good if i had a firmware upgrade, im not so confident of these b’cause i had failed to flash my gce-8525b burner
but then i used the suggestions given by the members and i used the binary flash file in dos mode with hot swapping my drive.
which is in dis thread

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/firmware-upgrade-failure-178298/

At first glance, I’m likely to suggest the Sony media, as it seems to do OK with LG drives. But then again, Ms. Arachne above hasn’t had much issue with MBI media either. :wink: I don’t see much better available, though, so that’s your best shot. :iagree:

Flashing these days with most of these drives usually goes much better. There aren’t too many flashes that fail just from failure. It might be worth a try. That is, of course, assuming your drive doesn’t have the latest firmware [which I don’t know right off-hand].

[quote=killer007;2029277]i get some sony, tech.com,imation, etc

would it be good if i had a firmware upgrade, im not so confident of these b’cause i had failed to flash my gce-8525b burner
but then i used the suggestions given by the members and i used the binary flash file in dos mode with hot swapping my drive.
which is in dis thread

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/firmware-upgrade-failure-178298/[/quote]Out of those 3 I would go with the Sony media.

forgot to mention samsung or pleomax discs r also available

I would have recommended Pleomax a few months ago, but now they are reported to use sub-par media that is no good in many drives. Still recommending the Sony here. :wink:

[QUOTE=Albert;2029288]Still recommending the Sony here. ;)[/QUOTE]

Although Moser Baer media does get along with my LG’s, I would be inclined to agree with Sony as probably the safest bet out of those brands. You never know, maybe I’m just lucky :wink:

LOL @ the sig addition BTW, Albert :bigsmile: