LG GSA-H42N not working!

Hello

I have bought a new LG DVD ROM (DVDRAM GSA-H42N). It works fine with Windows XP. It Burns/Reads any kind of DVDs or CDs. But After installing Windows Vista in my computer, this DVD ROM wouldn’t work at all. It won’t read/burn any kind of CDs or DVDs. Then I switched back to Windows XP and the DVD ROM works like a charm.

I tried the DVD ROM several times with Vista by changing the jumpers and cables , but no luck! Also, It doesn’t work with Ubuntu 7.10 (a latest linux version).

I have already applied the new firm wire (RL 01) which I found on LG’s website. But still it is the same!

I’m sure that my DVD ROM is not a faulty one! If it was, it shouldn’t work with Windows XP. Guess the problem is with its firm wire.

Would you be so kind to check it and find a solution for this problem ?

Regards,

minhaz4u

[quote=minhaz4u;1963600]Hello

I have bought a new LG DVD ROM (DVDRAM GSA-H42N). It works fine with Windows XP. It Burns/Reads any kind of DVDs or CDs. But After installing Windows Vista in my computer, this DVD ROM wouldn’t work at all. It won’t read/burn any kind of CDs or DVDs. Then I switched back to Windows XP and the DVD ROM works like a charm.

I tried the DVD ROM several times with Vista by changing the jumpers and cables , but no luck! Also, It doesn’t work with Ubuntu 7.10 (a latest linux version).

I have already applied the new firm wire (RL 01) which I found on LG’s website. But still it is the same!

I’m sure that my DVD ROM is not a faulty one! If it was, it shouldn’t work with Windows XP. Guess the problem is with its firm wire.

Would you be so kind to check it and find a solution for this problem ?

Regards,

minhaz4u[/quote]
Try disabling the “UAC” in Vista.:iagree:

I tried that…din’t help… :sad:

Posted by minhaz4u
Guess the problem is with its firm wire.

No it has nothing to do with the firmware if it works with XP and does not work with Vista. It has to be something else. Maybe a BIOS setting. I wish I had more information. What are your specs?

IIRC LG came out with the H44N to make it compatible with Vi$ta. You can crossflash a H42N to a H44N. The instructions are here at CDF’s somewhere.

Thanks RoLLiNG!!! I’ll try that…

My Specs here AlaN:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
Memory: 1gb Kingston 667hz
Mobo: Gigabyte M55S-S3
Videocard: Powercolor 512mb Radeon X1950 Pro
Hardisk: Samsung SP2004C 200gb
DVD drive: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H42N
ATX : iNWIN (450w)