LG GSA-H22N problems, only burns 4x

vbimport

I was wondering I’m having an issue, I have Ritek 16x -R’s and I’ve used Ritek 8x before, and well this DVD writer seems to only want to burn everything at 4X, I was using RecordnowMax and now Nero7, same deal… its really ticking me off, just updated to 1.01 firmware, same deal… any ideas? I’m in XP, thanks.

Well, I guess it’s a media issue.
Ritek seems to be really crap - I would NEVER use them. Some of them look good in initial scans, but after a short period of time, they get worse and worse…

I have the same burner as you and only use Verbatim MCC004 media - burned @ 18x.
Look in here for some scans of various media with this burner.

Welcome to CD Freaks.

Is 4x the actual speed burned at or the only speed (other than max) that you’re given the choice of burning at?

I only get the choice of 4x…

That would indicate, that your drive doesn’t support higher speeds with this media.
Can you start Nero CD/DVD Speed, select the Disk-Info tab and choose your LG drive from the list above. Insert the Ritek media into your drive, then make a screenshot and attach it here, so we can see what it says.

Hey, my GSA-H20N is having the same prob… i used a dvd-r media that supports 8x writing fine, suddenly today it is showing writing speed max 4x, and on a different company’s 16x max dvd-r media the max speed is showing 8x!!! i have nero 7, and my dma is on, i checked.

H22N supports only 4x on RITEKF1 Media.
What ID do your Media have?

Please do not ask the same question on several places. Read the forum rules again, crossposting is not allowed.