LG GSA-H22L help needed

Hi all, I am a newbie here. I purchased an LG GSA-H22L after my Benq 1655 gave up. I can burn CD’s no problem, pictures and audio. But whenever I try to burn a DVD (I am using Verbatim DVD-R’s) I get to about 20-30% burned which goes very fast and then it just stops. I can let it sit for 2 hours and it just stays at the same spot. I have tried my Nero 6 and Nero 7 and it does the same thing. I tried to convert an .avi file using ConvertXtoDVD and the same thing happens. This never happened with my Benq, do I have a faulty drive or… ? Please note I am no expert on the lingo so I will try my best to explain any further questions. Thanks.

Mike.

Have you tried a different brand of media? I always suspect media before a drive; there is a lot variation in media quality, especially between different manufacturers.

No I havent. I will see if I can grab something different and give it a try. Would media cause this type of issue? Thanks.

Mike.

Hi again. I tried a Memorex DVD-R and same problem occured. Got to 26% and it just stops, even locked up the computer, had to disconnect the power.

Mike.

It’s very possibly a drive problem. If you want to diagnose it some more, the other variables that commonly cause trouble are hardware issues with drive setup or software problems.

I would recommend trying the drive in another computer to determine if it’s a hardware issue, and using a program like Nero CD-DVD Speed to burn a test disc to see if this could be software related.

Nero CD-DVD Speed is a very compact program that does not require any installation. Go to the Create Disc tab, press Start to create a disc, see what happens.