LG GSA H22L gets poor results when Q-checked with Plextor 760a(using PlxToolsPro)!

vbimport

LG GSA H22L gets poor results when Q-checked with Plextor 760a(using PlxToolsPro)!

This was my test to back this up… :eek:

I used CD/DVD Speed to Create/Burn the identical testdata disk
on three differnet drives…the PLEX PX760A, the LG GSA-H22L and the
SONY - 830A. The media, Verbatim NC004, was Burned at 8x.

I first Q-checked errors on the Plex760-created disk using the Plex760a as the scanning drive. (Only first 2gb were checked to save time).
A pretty good scan (42k PIE 2K PIF) as you can see in the first diagram entitled…
“PLEX PX760A burneddisk - Quality tested on a Plex760a(using PlxToolsPro)”

Then I Q-checked errors on an LG-GSH22-created disk using the Plex760a as the scanning drive. This time a Very Bad scan (with 669K PIE) as you can see in the 2nd diagram entitled…
“LG GSA-H22L burneddisk - Quality tested on a Plex760a(using PlxToolsPro)”

But Then I Q-checked errors on the same LG-GSH22-created disk using the Sony830a as the scanning drive. And that show this same burn as having only 101K in PIE errors as you can see this in 3nd diagram…
“LG GSA-H22L burneddisk - Quality tested on a Sony830a(using CD-DVDSpeed)”

Then I Q-checked errors on an Sony 830A-created disk using the Plex760a as the scanning drive. Once again a Very Bad scan (425K PIE) as you can see in the 4th diagram entitled…
"SONY - 830A burneddisk - Quality tested on a Plex760a(using PlxToolsPro)

Then I Q-checked errors on the same Sony 830A-created disk using the Sony830a as the scanning drive. And that show this same burn as having only 58k PIE errors as in the 5th diagram entitled…
“SONY - 830A burneddisk - Quality tested on a Sony830a(using CD-DVDSpeed)”

What does this tell us? Plextools may not give an unbiased q-check to burns created on drives other than a plextor?

Anybody understand this? :cop:

This is a cross-post.

Please reply in the following thread:

PlexTools Qchecks give poor results to media Burned on anything but a Plextor 760a!