LG GSA-H20L cpu Usage 100% when burning

I havn’t got around to much troubleshooting as I just installed the drive yesterday. Should I upgrade Nero or try a different program? Also the firmware hasnt been updated yet but I will tonight

Welcome to CD Freaks. :flower:

Is DMA enabled for your drive? To check, see the following link: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/troubleshooting-enabling-checking-dma-windows-vista-xp-2000-me-9x-101616/

[quote=wallace0134;1963198]Welcome to CD Freaks. :flower:

Is DMA enabled for your drive? To check, see the following link: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/troubleshooting-enabling-checking-dma-windows-vista-xp-2000-me-9x-101616/[/quote]

Thanks! And yes DMA is on on both IDE Channels. Also the GSA-H20L is a SATA drive so im not sure that matters too much.

[QUOTE=Mendes;1963326]Thanks! And yes DMA is on on both IDE Channels. Also the GSA-H20L is a SATA drive so im not sure that matters too much.[/QUOTE]

Something is confused here. GSA-H20L = 16x PATA DVD writer with lightscribe support. It’s not SATA.

I sugest you to re-check your drives config/settings .

Which DMA mode is on for the drive(S)?

[quote=zhadoom;1963338]Something is confused here. GSA-H20L = 16x PATA DVD writer with lightscribe support. It’s not SATA.

I sugest you to re-check your drives config/settings .[/quote]

The Model # on the drive itself is listed as GH20LS10 which is just the SATA version of the H20L i thought?

[QUOTE=Mendes;1964385]The Model # on the drive itself is listed as GH20LS10 which is just the SATA version of the H20L i thought?

OK. That model is a new 20x SATA drive with lightscribe.

What chipset ( via, intel, sis, etc ) your SATA controller uses ? some controllers like jmicron doesn’t like optical devices at all.

If you are using an onboard sata controller is it configured to operate as a non-RAID ? RAID controllers ( tipicaly) doesn’t like optical devices too.

[quote=zhadoom;1964392]OK. That model is a new 20x SATA drive with lightscribe.

What chipset ( via, intel, sis, etc ) your SATA controller uses ? some controllers like jmicron doesn’t like optical devices at all.

If you are using an onboard sata controller is it configured to operate as a non-RAID ? RAID controllers ( tipicaly) doesn’t like optical devices too.[/quote]

It is a Via Chipset with the latest drivers and the Controllers (i have 2) are both set to SATA instead of RAID. I am going to try Clone CD tonight to see if it uses 100% also. If not, I will update my Nero.

I cant even find the model on the LG website to see if there is a firmware update and I dont wanna risk flashing to 1.02 from the H20L unless I know it will work

[QUOTE=Mendes;1964467]It is a Via Chipset with the latest drivers and the Controllers (i have 2) are both set to SATA instead of RAID. I am going to try Clone CD tonight to see if it uses 100% also. If not, I will update my Nero.

I cant even find the model on the LG website to see if there is a firmware update and I dont wanna risk flashing to 1.02 from the H20L unless I know it will work[/QUOTE]

Look here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f91/lg-gh20n-l-post-your-scans-questions-here-230408/

OK, lol, I thought that drive were PATA. :flower: