LG GSA H12L an MacMini-1st-Generation?

Hi, I’m a MacMini-User (OS 10.3.7 update to 10.3.9) and I have a lot of questions…

1. With which Software can I use the LG GSA H12L on a Mac?
  2. With which Software can I use the Light-Scribe-functionality?
  3. Is any software necessary, to use the DVD-RAM-functionality of this burner for BackUp on my Mac?
  4. Which housing for external use is a good one for use the Firewire-connection to my Mac?
  5. How can I use the digital an analog audio-output of the burner? I think a normal 5,25"-housing does not have a audio-out-connection? :confused:

I hope, it’s not to much of questiones…

1. Your favorite burning software will do.

2. Not sure. I heard that Prolific and Cypress chipsets are good.
    You will possibly never be able to achieve full 18x burning speed.
    I personally would recommend buying LG GSA-[B]E[/B]12L instead, which comes ready-to-use with a USB enclosure so you don’t have to worry about matching.
    Besides, LGs don’t like sitting in enclosures.

3. You can’t, unless you connect it internally (but I’ve never opened a Mac mini so I don’t know what it’s like inside, and it might be difficult to impossible to connect it internally).
    A 5.25" enclosure, whether USB or 1394, will not support that output.
    (They would need to be connected to the sound card/chip too in order to use the output.)

@ kg_evilboy:
Many Thanks to You!

Is there anybody for this:

"Hi, I’m a MacMini-User (OS 10.3.7 update to 10.3.9) and I have a lot of questions…

[B]2)[/B] With which Software can I use the Light-Scribe-functionality?
[B]3)[/B] Is any software necessary, to use the DVD-RAM-functionality of this burner for BackUp on my Mac?

nobody knows… :frowning:

No Mac-Fans here… :sad: