LG GSA-H10N problem

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GSA-H10N. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]SO. I have an LG GSA-H10N problem. It’s been working fine for the past like, 3 years that we’ve had it, and I haven’t been using it for about. . I’d say. . 2 weeks.

I finally go to use it yesterday to burn a back-up of a game I have, and sure enough; It wont accept my blank DVD. I’m a little confused, so I pop in a CD. . it works fine. I pop in a CD-R, and it works fine. I pop in a DVD with contents already on it. . . it works fine.

The moment I slip in a DVD-R / +R / RW / whatever, it refuses it. . almost as if it wont accept the fact that it’s a DVD BURNER.

Any idea what’s wrong?!

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Do you have Alcohol or Daemon Tools installed? Sometimes they can cause similar behaviour.

If you do have either one installed, no need to uninstall them, as a simple settings change could do the trick.

I like your display picture, by the way. Hello Kitty = the best!

and no, I don’t believe I have either of them installed. :frowning:

Thanks! Hello Kitty is indeed the best :smiley:

Hmmm, bit more difficult then! Good drive BTW, I have the external version (E10N), it’s had some heavy use over the last 3 years or so :wink:

Right then…have you tried to burn using different software, just to see?

Out of curiosity, what software do you use to make your game backups? As software could still be the culprit here - I think there’s a 95% chance your burner is fine hardware-wise, as it still reads DVD media, so the DVD laser doesn’t appear to have gone kaput :wink:

If all else fails, any chance of trying it on a different PC?