Lg Gsa-h10a

vbimport

Hi All,

I’m the newbie and I need help please.
I live in England in a small village in Warwickshire, at the end of the telephone lines so the broadband is slow (does my head in) but as I have retired I have quite a bit of time on my hands.
I recently bought a Compaq Evo D510 SFF form ebay running 2Ghz CPU with 640 Mb memory and the OS is windows XP Pro. It came with CD rom and I bought an LG GSA-H10A DVD super multi DVD drive from ebay and it will not work for me.
I have tried the jumper in all positions, tried unplugging the HDD in case the power pack was not powerful enough. But nothing I have tried will work.

Can you tell me if this drive will work in the compaq. If you say yes then the drive is fried, or damaged in transit, and I will have to retun it to tha seller.

If anyone can help me I will be very grateful for any information you can give me. HP have told me that I can only run the Compaq/HP drives in the Evo but I think they are telling me stories.

Regards,

Derek.:confused:

Hello Derek, and welcome from a fellow English member :flower:

Do any lights come on (on the drive), and can you eject the tray?

Does the BIOS recognise the LG on boot-up?

Can you revert the jumper settings back to what they were when you got the machine, and we can go from there (Master is connected to the end of the ribbon cable, Slave if connected to the middle…or the machine may use CS as default).

…And also make sure that the power and ribbon cable are snugly plugged in…but if you get no lights and no tray eject it’s possible you received a fried drive…BTW, I have an HP desktop computer and it has run HP, Asus, BenQ, LiteOn and NEC drives with no problems. Your OEM CD drive is probably manufactured by someone other than HP…