LG GSA-H10A bought 4 me but i cant work it ..please help

vbimport

:o Hi im so sorry if i sound a derder
i was bought a lg gsa-h10a dvd/cd rewriter 4 xmas and i cant burn films with it,i have downloaded films and when i go to burn it says file not compatable,ive been trying forever to sort it but im being honest and i dont have a clue
im useing nero that came with it,it says video files but when i save the films ive downloded i dont have a video film folder…you still with me blah blah,wheni go to paste my film in it wants films that are bupIFO*vob…thats it im lost
being a women may b the reason hehe if you have any ideas id be very greatful
many thanks for your time all :o

What kind of films are you trying to burn? If they are AVI files, then you need to use NeroVision, not neroexpress.

hi im just downloading thomas ans dora for my kids to watch at bed time lol
the files are mpeg and avi
i have tried with nerovision but it say not compatable still,sorry to be a pain
im so frustrated over this as i can do music no problem and i thought dvd would be just as easy
do i need anything other programes say to work with or should the disc i got with it be ok
i was thinking of taking the dvd out and reinstalling it
sorry

YES DO A FIRMWARE UPGRADE FROM LG. THE DISK YOU USING ARE PROBABLY 16x OR 8x. TRY THIS FIRST, IF IT DOESN’T WORK POST AGAIN YOUR RESULTS. I WILL REPLY. THE C.

HI IVE DONE A FIRMWARE UPGRADE FOR THIS MODEL AND STILL CANNOT DO DVD BURN
IVE GOT DISC THAT SAY 4X AND 16X
ITS THE NERO THAT KEEPS SAYING NOT COMPATABLE
i have now mamaged to watch the movie via nerovision
i tried to burn with nero express,what am i doing wrong :o
LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR REPLY
MANY MANY THANKS
Germaine :O)

Please do not use capital letters, there is no need to shout. Also the described problems has nothing to do with the burner or media, so there is no need to upgrade the firmware or change the media.

The problem hapigoluki has is simply that he selects to burn a DVD-Video, which needs the .ifo and .vob files which you see on any pressed DVD. If your DVD-Player supports it, burn a data DVD containing the .mpg and .avi files. In Nero you have to select DVD-ROM (ISO).
In case your DVD-Player does not support playing .mpg and .avi files you have to convert the files to DVD format, but that is a different story.

I hope the following helps. Put all the video files in a folder.
Open Nero.
Select NeroVision…
Select ‘Make DVD…’ DVD-Video
Add Video files and continue on…

Hi ive tried both methods suggested,the first 1 where i have to do DVD-ROM (ISO) worked but when prompted to insert disc it asks for a cd r disc not dvd disc…am i being thick here lol
the 2nd method suggeted to make a folder etc etc just dont work it still says not compatable
do you thinki should uninstall and reinstall it or do you think its me not knowing what to do
please be honest with me
i can take it hehehehe
thanks all for your help