LG GSA-E60N help!

vbimport

I have the LG GSA E60N external burner, and in Nero when i burn a DVD the recorder buffer level acts strange. Most of the time it is stuck at 4%, and sometimes jumps to 97%, and back to 4%. The user read buffer is normal at 100%.
Also the dvd’s are burned ok with this drive, i have no problem with the quality of the burning.
I have tried it on an other computer with the same results.

The USB connection uses the CPU to transmit data, so if you are using the computer during the burning this can cause the problem.

Another possibility is that your computer has not the USB2 ports, so the connection is too slow to burn correctly.

Another possibility is that you are trying to burn too fast. Usually, the best results with external burners can be obtained at 8x-12x speed. If you are burning faster, try to reduce the burning speed.

Another possibility is that your computer has the USB2 ports but the drivers are not working correctly. Moreover, in Windows the SP2 must be installed to correctly manage USB2 ports.

At the moment I can’t think to other possibilities :frowning:

[QUOTE=geno888;2149971]The USB connection uses the CPU to transmit data, so if you are using the computer during the burning this can cause the problem.[/QUOTE]
I am not using the computer when i burn discs.

[QUOTE=geno888;2149971]Another possibility is that your computer has not the USB2 ports, so the connection is too slow to burn correctly.[/QUOTE]
The computer has support for USB2. The mainboard is Asus p5b deluxe (Intel p965 chipset).

[QUOTE=geno888;2149971]Another possibility is that you are trying to burn too fast. Usually, the best results with external burners can be obtained at 8x-12x speed. If you are burning faster, try to reduce the burning speed.[/QUOTE]
I am burning discs at 8x.

[QUOTE=geno888;2149971]Another possibility is that your computer has the USB2 ports but the drivers are not working correctly. Moreover, in Windows the SP2 must be installed to correctly manage USB2 ports.[/QUOTE]
The operating system is Windows XP SP3.

Check with task manager to see the CPU usage, maybe there is a process running in background using too many resources (the antivirus is the main culprit usually).

Be sure also that there is no software accessing heavily to the HDD, like a defrag software for example (some can be set to work automatically in background like diskeeper), or also the torrent or emule or other similar software.

Did you try to change the USB cable? Maybe it is the culprit.

Sorry, at the moment I can’t think to another explanation for this behaviour :frowning:

I have crossflashed the drive to H55N and now the drive buffer level is 92-97%, when i burn discs. Its strange that the crossflashing helped.