LG GSA-E60N firmware

Hello,

I’m searching for a RPC-1 firmware for an LG GSA-E60N external DVD Burner. Does anyone know where to find that?

LG has not released any E60N firmware, but you can crossflash your drive to a H55N drive and apply an RPC1 patch with MCSE. Read the warning here.

Thanks for your answer.

Why does flashing using USB cause problems? What kind of problems? Is there no other way to flash the drive than taking it out of its enclosure and connecting it via an IDE cable?

How do I manage to take out the drive? (Never done this before, just had worked with internal drives)

And where do I get the RPC1 patch for the H55N drive? I have already read that both drives use the same firmware, but I haven’t found any place where I could download a modified one. rpc1.org seems to be totally down.

[QUOTE=code1979;2048920]Why does flashing using USB cause problems? What kind of problems? Is there no other way to flash the drive than taking it out of its enclosure and connecting it via an IDE cable?
[/QUOTE]
I heard of someone crossflashing a E60N to the H55 firmware who got a non responding drive. The drive was visible and could be rescued when it was connected to an IDE interface. This does not mean you have to get this problem.

And where do I get the RPC1 patch for the H55N drive? I have already read that both drives use the same firmware, but I haven’t found any place where I could download a modified one.

As I wrote above, you can apply the RPC1 patch with MCSE on the official firmware.

Thanks for your help! Seems that it works perfectly well. :slight_smile:

The firmware policy of LG for its external drives is a scandel. For similiar internal drives updates have been released. Why not for the external?
To say in short: The LG GSA-E60 is not able to burn widely-spread media like Verbatim DVD-RW-4x in satisfying quality. All my DVD-RWs and DVD-Rs burned with Plextor 712 or 755 have much more better error-scans.