Lg Gsa-e50lrb

vbimport

I’m desperately trying to fin out information about this drive and i cant!Y’s that?Doesnt matter if my questions are resolved! :slight_smile:

A)Anyway so first of.What type is it?A slot type,meaning you push the disc in or does it eject a bay of some kind?
B)IS it hd-blu combo?Cause i read some specs about supporting reading the hd-dvd and bluray although i find it highly unlikely.

Anyway plz can someone provide me with some answer?

Here is a link to specs on the e50l.

http://www.oyyy.co.uk/product.php?xProd=39320

No mention of any BluRay support.

Well not on the features but if you actually scroll down on the perofrmance it says

BD Read Speed
4X

BD-RE Read Speed
3.2X

BD-R DL Read Speed
3.2X

BD-RE DL Read Speed
3.2X

So i gues blu ray has been confirmed.I’ve also seen it on another shop mentioning hd-dvd support as well.Could that be true?

Also i think as for A) it might not be slot as i imagined but rather have an eject tray.

I thought by BluRay support, you were referring to writing to BluRay
disks. Looks like it will just read BluRay disks.

Just about all of the newer LG drives have used a tray loading system.

I just read thru all the specs and I didn’t see anything about HD-Dvd
support, either read nor write. Since HD-Dvd is history, I doubt any
new drives will have support for them.

As for the write feature i’m really not interested at the moment.

But i read that it has bl and read features,and i thought hye,thats not bad!Getting a portable slim drive and reading all the hi-def discs is fine by me.

I dont think this drive is a new one,so it my as well have.Anyway there are lots of hd discs out there that have been produced and interest me,so till they get ported to blu-ray i could play them back with this drive,if of course it supports hd-dvd’s as well.

My god i even contacted the lg support (via phone) and even they couldn’t give me the specifics.

Such a stupid company,it’s like they have a policy of “Either Get it,or shut up, cause you cant know the details” I hate this stuff.

Although the correspondant was kind enough to get my details and call me when she finds out.

[QUOTE=therock003;2066652]Well not on the features but if you actually scroll down on the perofrmance it says

BD Read Speed
4X

BD-RE Read Speed
3.2X

BD-R DL Read Speed
3.2X

BD-RE DL Read Speed
3.2X

So i gues blu ray has been confirmed.I’ve also seen it on another shop mentioning hd-dvd support as well.Could that be true?
[/QUOTE]
No way. Look at the price of the drive. Someone used the specs of the GGC-H20L on the site linked above.
AFAIK the E50L is a T20L in an external case.

Yep its confrimed.I went by the store i’ve seen the initial stats and they screwed up the description,there’s no blu-ray and hd-dvd support.

It looked so cute,and with t=i-def support and portability for only 80 euros it looked so good to be true.And it was.

Anyway case closed.The phantom has been revealed.