LG GSA-E10L Slow Burning (Help)

Hi My problem is that I take 1 hour to burn a file of 2.5GB in a DVD…I have read many posts in this forum about people that had the same problem… I tried the DMA and everything was ok no changes were to be made… I also tried the Device Manager and Uninstalling the drivers and controllers… and restarting nothing work…it says is burning at 16X but it takes 1 hour to do it? Can someone Help me pls… i will really appreciate it.! :iagree:

Hello JasonC06 and welcome to the forum.

DMA settings only apply to internal DVD writers connected to IDE interfaces. Your writer is an external, so this doesn’t apply to you.

Did you have the drive plugged into a USB 1.1 port? A USB 1.1 port can only feed data fast enough for about a 0.8x burn. That would take a long time. You need USB 2.0 to be able to use DVD writers properly.

Ohhh i think I have a 1.1 and 2.0…when i get home i tried with the 2.0… Thanks alot…i let you know!..

Heyyy Thanks a lot… I appreciate your help… you were right… now with the USB 2.0 …it takes 6min… WOW what a difference…from 1 hour to 6min … Thanks again!