LG-GSA-55N firmware

vbimport

I am having problems reading memorex dvds. I thought I would check to see if there was a new firmware upgrade and I went to the LG site. I currently have version 1.06 but when I checked the LG site the only version they have is 1.05(EW). I know I downloaded 1.06 from the site last year. Just wondering what happened to 1.06 or is 1.05(EW) the latest?If they removed 1.06 for some reason is it safe to go back to 1.05(ew)?

Memorex media are not the very best, so reading issues are most probably caused by the low quality of the disc.

I don’t think that a firmware change can improve readability of an already bad burned disc.

The best option is trying to read these discs with a different drive and then burn all data again on a better disc :slight_smile:

I tried the disc in my pioneer player and it would not play there either. So it probably is the dvd .But what about the firmware.

I have no idea why the 1.06 version was removed, but I think that is safe to install version 1.05. If your drive with 1.06 firmware continue to produce coasters, then is worth a try :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=redsox14;2494283]I am having problems reading memorex dvds. I thought I would check to see if there was a new firmware upgrade and I went to the LG site. I currently have version 1.06 but when I checked the LG site the only version they have is 1.05(EW). I know I downloaded 1.06 from the site last year. Just wondering what happened to 1.06 or is 1.05(EW) the latest?If they removed 1.06 for some reason is it safe to go back to 1.05(ew)?[/QUOTE]

As far as I can remember, most LG sites never had v1.06 listed at all. Only one or two out of their multitude of regional/country sites had it listed (sorry I don’t remember exactly which one) … all the rest only listed v1.05, so I doubt it was removed. Most likely it was never added, which sounds just like LG :doh: One thing they’re very good at is to sit on firmwares for a while before releasing them (that is if they ever get released!) :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think your problem is firmware related …generally - with a few exceptions - Memorex media tends to be quite poor quality / unreliable media.
I would first try better quality media …

I live in Canada and I think I downloaded 1.06 from there site .I am going to give LG a call and ask them what happened. In the mean time I am going to try better media because I agree with you all that memorex media is not that good. I will post once I find out what LG says if they give me an answer.

I contacted LG and they told me they removed 1.06 from there site because they had problems with it. I asked if I can go back to 1.05 and he told me that you cannot fo back to an earlier version . I asked if there was a problem with 1.06 why haven’t they released a new version for the ones that took it. He said he was not sure. He also told me not to use memorex media and to use the ones stated in the manual. I checked the manual and it says to use Mitsubishi and a few others. I checked to see who makes these memorex dvd using DVD Identifier and it says they are made by Mitsubishi. Go figure.

Try to use Verbatim media: these are proven quality discs :slight_smile:

About restoring the previous firmware, I wonder if you can use the dangerous brother’s flasher

Try MCSE for flashing back to previous H55N firmwares. See the first post in the MCSE for LG writer thread above for details.