LG GSA-5169D Writer not working with One Touch

Hi,
Having just bought a LG GSA-5169D and on trying to use One Touch recording, I keep getting the message “No HLDS Device detected. please make sure your device is connected correctly and powered on” My PC can see the drive. I tried LG Support but found them no help at all.
Can anybody please help.

LG should.
Updated software?

I had exactly the same problem. I then installed the new software from the LG site, and now it just hangs when I run it. So the message has gone, but still no where near “one touch” recording… or any form of recording. Can anyone offer any other ideas?

Is there some log or some info in the event viewer???

The exact message I get (having now re-installed the software) is “Could not initialize the HLDS device”. I’ve checked the event viewer and nothing is posted. The device does work well on another machine I have so its obviously an issue with my config. The machine with the problems has had many other tools/devices installed such USB WinTV, TwonkyMedia, DLink MediaServer, etc. so I may try a fresh install to see if that will work.

Darn, from the tech and features this one looked like a real nice toy.

But such issues really make me thinking.

Starts to sound as if it is some kind of USB driver problem rather than something with the writer. The fresh install might be the only way to go.

i have the same problem. I called both DELL and LG several times and, to make a long story short, neither had the answer. Have you solved the problem?

Hello,
I have the same problem. Have you solved it?

Hello Ana Belen and welcome to the forum.

Can your PC see the drive in windows explorer?

Thank you for the welcome!
I don’t know very much about PCs :frowning:
How can I see that?

Sorry if my english is not good, I’m from Spain.

Put a disc which has something recorded on it (not blank) in the 5169D. It doesn’t matter if it is a CD or DVD disc but not a DVD movie disc. Then use windows explorer and see if you can browse the disc.

yes, I can.
Is possible that the problem happens because I don’t have the SP2 in my computer? I have windows xp sp1…

About the only thing I could think of is that there is some problem with the USB drivers on your system preventing the drive from being properly detected by Windows. However, if you can see the drive in windows and explorer and browse a disc in it, then the USB drivers are working correctly. It also means your drive is working correctly. So this is some kind of software problem. Unfortunately, I have run out of ideas at this point :frowning:

I do not know for sure if SP2 will help. I don’t have the 5169D myself so I cannot check to see if using only SP1 is a problem. Since it is the only thing left to try, why not just install SP2 and see if it fixes the problem?

Ok! I will try it when I come back from holidays.
Thank you very much.

can someone send me a copy of the one touch dvd software off the cd that comes with the GSA-5169D drive as mine has been damaged.

many thanks gazzaruk

Hi,

you should ask LG support, as this is copyrighted software.

Michael

I’m not sure if I am posting in the correct thread or not but I hope someone can help me. Everytime I try to use the one touch program to make a dvd copy of a 5 year old vhs tape I get the message that the tape is copy protected. This is a homemade tape of my son skateboarding. What am I doing wrong?

Hi, You will be happy to know that there is a patch available from the official LG website for this exact problem - it fixes the copy-protect error.

Visit http://us.lgservice.com, click on Device Driver and click on the DVD-ROM(Writer) link, you will find the patch somewhere under that.

Hello Ana,

I can see that you are using the same LG GSA-5169D as me and you are spanish. I’m portuguese and I speak spanish so we can help each other. Do you already know how to work with this? I’m having a few problems and I’m still learning.

Can you please help me?

Gracias