Lg Gsa-4167b Dl12...help!

Hey everyone…

I have Gsa-4167B and I just updated my firmware to DL12.
two things…

First…
My burner will burn Msonic Blank Media and no problem reading it on DVD player. I also have Kodak DVD-R Media and it burns ok but it won’t read that disc from dvd player. I bought alot of Kodak spindles…and i don’t know what to do…plz help.

Second…
since I change my burner to Gsa-4167B, every time i load the disc into the drive, my screen goes black for about 1~2sec everytime. could some one plz tell me what’s wrong with this?

Thank you

What kind of error message did you get from your DVD player when you tried to play those Kodak discs on it? If you got something like “no disc inserted”, then I’m afraid it’s your DVD player that just does not like those Kodak discs. It is not the burner at fault. There is nothing much you can do about that except to try to return or exchange the discs.

If the disc can be recognised by the player but you have trouble playing the disc (skips, pops etc) properly, then you might be able to try burning at a slightly lower speed and see if it makes a difference.

Second…
since I change my burner to Gsa-4167B, every time i load the disc into the drive, my screen goes black for about 1~2sec everytime. could some one plz tell me what’s wrong with this?

This is pretty weird. I have no idea, sorry.

I also have the Msonic 4X DVD-R. They come in 3 media codes, MCC 01RG20,
Prodisc F01 and Prodisc S04. The last two are actually 8X media. They burned OK with my LG 4167.
The Kodak DVD-R has many MID
(search http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia) and they may be your source of troubles. Return the unopened spindles to exchange for other media or get a refund. Also use either CDSpeed or DVDIdentifier to find out the media code of the Kodak disc that you are using now. Where did you buy them?