Lg gsa 4166b

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GSA-4166B. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]The drive 1 1/2 year old, use to burn ~ 100 dvds, never have any problem. Now all copy made after yesterday will not read, play on my Sony nc600 standalone player. Try Gq, Memorex, Fuji, Officedepot, Rite data, Verbertim same result my Sonny will not read. It says no disk. But OK to play on my $20 Avion player bought at Longdrught a year ago. What can I do: buy new drive and go on with my life? Opne it up to see what inside?? or ???:iagree::a

[QUOTE=tonnyramus;2104086]The drive 1 1/2 year old, use to burn ~ 100 dvds, never have any problem. Now all copy made after yesterday will not read, play on my Sony nc600 standalone player. Try Gq, Memorex, Fuji, Officedepot, Rite data, Verbertim same result my Sonny will not read. It says no disk. But OK to play on my $20 Avion player bought at Longdrught a year ago. What can I do: buy new drive and go on with my life? Opne it up to see what inside?? or ???:iagree::a[/QUOTE]

Get good quality media, like TY/Verbatim, you can aslo try different burning speeds and also a firmware update.

I just dont get it. Before all Gq, Fuji, Office depot, Memeorex and so on never have a problem. Now all of copies will not playable on some standalone player, not all. I have 3 standalone player: 1 sony nc600 5disc changer, 1 sony nc875 also 5 disc changer, and avion DP200. Any copys made after yesterday will not play on NC600 but play on the rest. Why???.
But if I made from the same bath of media with differnce drive then all OK, no problem. It is sem to me the drive just like ink pen it runs out of inks. The unit been design only last up to # of copy it cans make then no more ink:bigsmile:. Because this it the 2nd drine i’ve with the same problem. Any one experiment this or only me???

Maybe your sony is more picky than the other two players you have.