Thanks for the quick response. Here's some more details:
1) Windows recognizes the new GSA-4166B optical drive;
2) I downloaded the latest firmware (v 1.02) for that drive;
3) I can upload information from the drive (i.e., installing software to the HDD)
4) The drive is installed on the secondary channel as Master, but I do have another optical drive connected to it as Slave; and
5) Roxio Easy CD & DVD creator, which is version 6, recognizes my Sony DVR when connected but, for some reason, not my GSA-4166B.
I'll visit the site that you recommended. Thanks, again.