LG GSA-4163B: Which computer cable do I need?

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GSA-4163B. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]g.day , my name is mal , i am a computer novice , to the point I have a hp SR1765AN computer … it has always had an intermittent fault with the combo dvd/cd drive lightscribe …per h.p. it was a corrupt driver … that was till warranty ran out … i have now installed another drive(LG) as above , works fine , my question is ? what is the name of the cable i need to install so as the computer recognises both drives+drivers , at present it has a split power lead + a split (?IDE) ribbon cable … i believe it should have another split cable with plugs to differentiate between slave + master , i need to buy one of these . I presume the motherboard connection for same will be obvious . thank you.

[QUOTE=maljeff;2124290][qanda]This thread is about the LG GSA-4163B. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]g.day , my name is mal , i am a computer novice , to the point I have a hp SR1765AN computer … it has always had an intermittent fault with the combo dvd/cd drive lightscribe …per h.p. it was a corrupt driver … that was till warranty ran out … i have now installed another drive(LG) as above , works fine , my question is ? what is the name of the cable i need to install so as the computer recognises both drives+drivers , at present it has a split power lead + a split (?IDE) ribbon cable … i believe it should have another split cable with plugs to differentiate between slave + master , i need to buy one of these . I presume the motherboard connection for same will be obvious . thank you.[/QUOTE]

First off what is plugged into IDE 1 and IDE 2?? And to use burner on one cable you have to set MS and SL jumpers on them. Also make sure your cable is 80 pin color coded ends. You can use one 80 pin cable just that you have to make sure you have the jumpers set correctly as listed on each burner to function properly.