LG GSA 4163b slow burning?

vbimport

Hi I have a LG GSA 4163b, which only lets me copy cd’s @ 40x & dvd’s @ 8x using Nero.

When I use NeroVision it only allows me to copy @ 2x, meaning it takes about 3 hours to burn any video files.

The drive says speeds up 16x(Dvd) 48x(CD) but i’m not seeing any of these.

Any1 have any ideas.

Thanks

You checked your DMA?

Also, can you load one of those “slow” discs into CD-DVD Speed, and tell us the MID? Might be a media problem.

Updating your firmware to A105 (or the latest A106) may help too.

Are you using an 80-wire IDE cable? I doubt that’s it (with a 40-wire cable on one of my PCs, my 4167 can hit 12x at least), but it’s worth covering as many bases as possible.

Just a few options, all I can think of off the top of my head. Under “normal” circumstances, the 4163B is one of the fastest 16x burners. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Max CD speed of that drive is 40x, you can’t do anything there. Your DVD speed depends on the media you use. Please post media information, you get that using Nero CD/DVD-Speed.

When I use NeroVision it only allows me to copy @ 2x, meaning it takes about 3 hours to burn any video files.

Maybe NeroVision is encoding on the fly. That decreases speed heavily. Please read the documentation that came with the software.

The drive says speeds up 16x(Dvd) 48x(CD) but i’m not seeing any of these.

From the specs (German LG site):

Write Speeds:
DVD-R 2x, 4x CLV, 8x ZCLV, 16x PCAV
DVD-RW 1x, 2x, 4x, 6x CLV
DVD-RAM 2x, 3x ZCLV, 3x – 5x PCAV (Ver. 2.1)
DVD+R 2.4x, 4x CLV, 8x, 12x, 16x ZCLV
DVD+R Double Layer 2.4x, 4x CLV
DVD+RW 2.4x, 4x CLV, 8x ZCLV
CD-R 4x, 8x CLV, 16x, 24x, 32x, 40x ZCLV
CD-RW 4x, 8x, 10x CLV, 16x CLV, 24x ZCLV

Read Speeds:
DVD-R/-RW-/ROM 10x/8x/16x max.
DVD-RAM 2x, 3x, 5x
DVD-Video (CSS) 8x max. (Single/Dual Layer)
DVD+R/+RW 10x/8x max.
CD-R/-RW/-ROM 40x max.
CD-DA (DAE) 40x max.

Any1 have any ideas.

There are no issues, according to your description.

Michael

As [B]Micheal[/B] says it all looks OK.

I would suggest that you use DVD Shrink to copy (rip) your master DVD to the HD , compressing it in the process to either an ISO image (if you use NTFS as the file system ) or files. Then if it’s an image burn it with ImgBurn or Nero if it’s files.

This would be much faster than using NeroVision I think.

Obviously NeroVision is affected by the spec of your PC which could explain why it takes 3 hours.