LG GSA-4163B review at Hardwarezone

vbimport

I just posted the article LG GSA-4163B review at Hardwarezone.

delta123 used our news submit to tell us that Hardwarezone has  done a review on the LG GSA-4163B. For those that don't know about the LG  GSA-4163B, it is an all format drive meaning that it...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9595-LG-GSA-4163B-review-at-Hardwarezone.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9595-LG-GSA-4163B-review-at-Hardwarezone.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Where’s DVD-R DL support?

They were the specs that hardwarezone gave.

[edited by Max_TMP on 16.12.2004 00:31]

This is my rant that i posted on tech-report.com : This site is reviewing a DVD burner that was specifically designed to burn DVD-RAM discs at 5x P-CAV speed. It’s the ONLY FREAKIN DRIVE IN THE WORLD THAT DOES THAT ! Not even Panasonic drives (who invented DVD-RAM) don’t support P-CAV writing on DVD-RAM at 5x. This “hardware review” site didn’t even mention that the drive BURNS DVD-RAM discs. It’s as if Damage reviewed a GeForce 6xxxx card and didn’t mention it supports Pixel Shader 3.0. Yes, almost nobody uses it, but it’s one unique feature that this card has that sets it apart fron the others and should at least been mentioned ! Idiots. :frowning: Adi

Almost nobody uses it…in the West at least. And it seems that a lot of people don’t want us to use it…who knows why!!! Its a more reliable media than +/-RWs, can be written up to 100 000 times, can be seen by machines as a HDD…and written at random with no probles, etc. But we don’t see it in the shops, where sometimes they sell the drives with the same atitude as theres reviewers…they don’t even refer to DVD-RAM capabilities of the the devices. But in the fareast it seems a bit different, including for home DVD recorders, and DVD-RAM deserves another kind of attention (you have Panasonic and JVC recorders in our markets that can use the media. So, I second Adi and give them my two :(:frowning: