LG GSA-4163B doesn't burn DL w/Nero

My freakin burner, the LG GSA-4163B (CDRInfo , CDFreaks ) is having lots of problems! For instance, it needs about 30 minutes to burn a 4x/8X DVD-R/+R with 4GB. But what’s really pissing me off is that i’ve spent some 25€ buying a few DVD+R Double Layer (Memorex), and my LG can’t burn anything in these DVDs :a . I’m using NERO 7.5.0.2, but i’ve also tried B’s Recorder GOLD 7. In both programs the burning process seems to be normal, but when it reaches 100%, Nero shows a message sayin bla bla burn process unfinished or sth like that. Can you PLEASE help me?? Does this has anything to do with the firmware?

oh, btw, my PC specs:
Pentium4 2.66GHz
1GB DDR400
80GB Samsung ATA
250GB Samsung SATA
MoBo - Asus P4V8X
OS - Window$ XP Pro SP2

Welcome to CDFreaks Forum.

If burning takes 30 min, check DMA settings.

Have you latest firmware 1.06 for the 4163.

What’s the mediacode of the Memorex dvd+r dl disc.

Use Nero CD/DVD Speed to retrive mediacode and post result.

Use Verbatim dvd+r dl disc.

Hello brookpt and welcome to the forum.

What is the media code of those discs? Or at least, what brand are they exactly?

Those Memorex DL discs, if they are Memorex 2.4x DVD+R DL discs, are probably RITEKD01. We gets lots of complaints about these discs on many writers of different brands. The problem is the discs. Those are aboute the worst stuff you can buy for DL discs. They give most writers absolute fits and often end up as coasters. You probably won’t want to hear this, but jbv is right : for DL discs, you have to go with Verbatim. The other brands are all either horrible or touch and go. Verbatim tends to be more expensive but when you add up the cost of all the coasters from trying to use the other brands, it’s still worth it.