LG GSA-4120B TYG02 or TYG03

vbimport

I have an LG GSA-4120B firmware A117 & could anyone please let me know which Taiyo Yuden DVD -r’s which be better - TYG02 x8 or TYG03 x16

With that drive, I would pick the TYG02. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2189341]With that drive, I would pick the TYG02. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, just what i needed to know, Regards John

Sorry but I can’t help but mention that the 4120B is such a problematic burner that the question should rather be: I have TY discs, which burner should I buy?

Seriously, the 4120B has delirious burning strategies that seriously mess up the burning quality with most media, including the best stuff.

Burners are very cheap nowadays, no need to keep such a burner! Some old burners like Pioneer 108, NEC 3500 are definitly worth keeping, but an LG 4120B, gee… do yourself a favor and go for a new burner! :smiley:

Agree with Francksoy, the burner often costs less than a spindle of discs. It’s almost like you should buy a spindle of media first and then ask which writer to complement them with rather than the other way around.

So what would you recommend as a replacement (IDE) drive that would work well with the TYG02’s

Any recent Pioneer will do fine with TYG02 and many more brand of media. Here in Australia I am seeing the drives go for around $27

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2189834]Any recent Pioneer will do fine with TYG02 and many more brand of media. Here in Australia I am seeing the drives go for around $27[/QUOTE]

Cheers, I will do some looking around & see what looks the best deal, John

#2 for a Pioneer. :slight_smile: If you can still find a 115/215/D it’s hard to beat for DVDR burning quality (IMO), but the 116/216/D is a good burner too.