LG GSA-4080B release soon, 8x DVD+R/8x DVD-R/3x DVD-RAM

Source: StorageInfo, CDRLabs

LG GSA-4080B is going to be the first 8x DVD-R writer in the world?

8x DVD+R
8x DVD-R
4x DVD+RW
2x DVD-RW
3x DVD-RAM
24x CD-R
16x CD-RW

Click here for higher resolution file.

Why only 24x for CD-R? Others can write them at 40x.

Originally posted by joerg_kling
Why only 24x for CD-R? Others can write them at 40x.

Who knows? :wink:

Even if GSA-4080B cannot write to CD-R at 40x, it could be the first 8x DVD writer to have 8x DVD-R and 3x DVD-RAM if the leaked (?) specification comes true in a few weeks.

is there any chance that there will be possible to oc a gsa-4040b to a gsa-4080b
(really hope somefinds a way)

Originally posted by genjai
is there any chance that there will be possible to oc a gsa-4040b to a gsa-4080b
(really hope somefinds a way)

You are very ambitious. :wink:

No, I don’t think there is any chance in that. They use very different components.

i aim for the stars and i really dont hope i’m wrong, cause it hurts if i miss and fall all the way from the stars back to reality :slight_smile:

but i guess your right (still i’m not losing hope)
the different components part is going to be a problem

Originally posted by genjai
[B]i aim for the stars and i really dont hope i’m wrong, cause it hurts if i miss and fall all the way from the stars back to reality :slight_smile:

but i guess your right (still i’m not losing hope)
the different components part is going to be a problem [/B]

Sell your GSA-4040B now, save the money, and buy a GSA-4080B around Christmas. That might be better than OC’ing. :wink:

Me wants this baby!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

i cant sell this drive, cause where i come from there isnt anyone that really wants a used drive, unless it for the half price and thats not going to do me any good.
so i guess i’ll just keep the one i have (i’m quite happy with it, no problems, it even was the best dvd-ripper in TomH dvd-writer test)

Ritek 8x DVD-R media

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78496

I like the look of this drive. I’ve used DVD-RAM for backups for quite some time. However, I’ve yet to see 3 x DVD-RAM media

Originally posted by david_smith_uk
I like the look of this drive. I’ve used DVD-RAM for backups for quite some time. However, I’ve yet to see 3 x DVD-RAM media

LG and Hitachi need to make it easy for media manufacturers to make and sell DVD-RAM 3x media.