LG GSA-2164D damaged bundle CD

vbimport

Hello,
I wonder if anyone can help me. Recently I upgraded my laptop and had to re-install all the software; only to find that the Bundle CD that came with my LG GSA-2164D is badly damaged. I tried to fix it using a repair kit but without any result. I think CyberLink produced the CD for LG but neither of these company sites have any downloads that can restore all the software that was in the bundle. Has anyone come across any links that solve my problem or is the alternative really is a new purchase which I can not afford at the moment.
Very many thanks.
HTUK

Hello HTUK and welcome to the forum.

The bundled CD that comes with most LG writers typically contains Nero Express/InCD, Cyberlink DVD player and one other Cyberlink product (forgot the name but it is used for video editing).

The version of Nero Express that comes with the bundled CD contains a built in serial number which is unique for each copy. For this reason, it isn’t possible to download a copy of it from anywhere and it also makes it impossible for anyone else to provide you a copy of their disc.

Sometimes, Sonic RecordNow/DLA is bundled instead of Nero. I’m not sure how the serial number system works with that, but it doesn’t matter because that version isn’t available for download either.

There are some free alternatives to some of the components :

[ul]
[li]Nero/RecordNow - CDBurnerXP Pro (http://www.cdburnerxp.se)
[/li][li]Cyberlink DVD Player - VLC (http://www.videolan.org)
[/li][/ul]
I’m not sure what software can be used to substitue the video editing software that comes with the CD because I never use it myself, and thus I don’t really know exactly how it works. So I cannot suggest any alternatives to that, as a result.

The video editing software is Cyberlink PowerProducer. :wink:
You can get the Nero Express OEM CD even from some online retailers for a small fee (typically less than $5).

I wonder how they made unique serial numbers with pressed CDs :eek:

Thank you ever so much KARANGGUNI and KG_EVILBOY, its very kind of you. Following your leads I got hold of couple of basic softwares since I only need it for backing up files and nothing else fancy. These seems to be doing the job just fine.

Ahh, thanks kg_evilboy. Yes, that’s the one.

Hmm… from what I understand the serial numbers are unique. Maybe they are not? I’ve got Nero 6 that came with different writers. Maybe I’ll go compare the serial numbers used by each when I have the time.