1000GB Western Digital WDC WD10EADS-00L5B1 ATA Device (IDE) 96 °F
37GB Western Digital WDC WD360GD-00FNA0 ATA Device (IDE) 76 °F
500GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AACS-00ZUB0 ATA Device (IDE) 90 °F
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50 ATA Device
Audio
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

The LG GH22NS50 ATA Drive does not read my disks, Blank Dvd + R DL
Made by Philips. These Disks work 4 days ago when I made a back up disk for my computer. Add files and used IMG Burn.

Insert Dvd + R DL
Computer does nothing but light flashes and starts reading. Nothing ever happens. Does not show up as a blank or even as a data disk. I tried a Dvd movie works fine. Any other type of disks and works fine. I put in the disk I make my back up on and it reads fine. It is also a Philips DVD + R DL Disk. :frowning:

I have read many forums on LG GH22NS50 problems; I’ve Updated the firmware to TN03. Does nothing. Tried Uninstalled & reboot no change, changed my drive to another slot in my board, changed F: to I: to G:. No changes. Can anyone help me?

Burning double layer discs can be a little tricky. The preferred blank discs to buy are Verbatim brand. Other brands will work but it will take some testing to ensure the data is good, you should do these tests even if the media is the Verbatim brand. So testing is needed to determine an optimal writing speed, some discs may burn fine at 8x and other may need 4x to make a successful burn. In many cases with DL discs you will also have to try another burner to get a successful burn of a particular DL disc and it may also be possible that the discs are so bad that none of your drives will burn them successfully (return the discs in that case). You want to get yourself a copy of Nero CD DVD Speed and then run a transfer rate test (at 16x) and also a Disc Quality Test (at 8x). The Nero CD DVD Speed program was free but is not officially supported anymore so you have to search the net for a copy or maybe its on file sharing sites (torrents). The other option is to use “Opti Drive Control” its not free though. You can read more in the other subforums that are for disc testing.

You should also always use the “verify” feature when burning a disc, that will give at least a little piece of mind that the quality is ok but not necessarily great.

I did do some testing with the software you appointed me to. None of these programs stated any kind of disk or evidence of disk being in the drive. I tried these disks in another computer and they showed up fine I was able to make copies, the problem is that none of theses computers have a Dvd + R DL support on any of there Drives. My drive is the only one that works.

:slight_smile:
Jin
Here is a photo of my drive.

Uhh, I think LG drives are blacklisted from using CD/DVD Speed. You have to search the forum on how to edit the registry and remove LG from the blacklist in the registry. I think there are two registry strings that need to have the “LG” removed from them. You will also see on the blacklist Samsung and TSST, you can use the registry search engine to find some of those keywords and then remove the LG from them.

Thanks for the help! I have bought a new drive made buy Asus for 20$. I keep working on trying to fix it.

I just burned a DVD + R DL Disk with some back up data. It works great with my new drive.
Jin