LG GH22NS50 doesn't read/accept MINICDs

vbimport

Hi, my dvd burner lg model GH22NS50 doesn’t accept/read minicds what can i do? It’s in horizontal position.

Actually nothing. It’s strange though that it doesn’t. Does the tray have the inner ring (8cm) ring in it?

yes

Now works, it accepts and reads mini-cds after some attempts, and cds/dvds always.

Then you should be able to just slip your mini-disc into place, if the inner ring Mr. B mentioned is present in the drive tray. There are “adapters” (for want of a better word) that are like an O shape that fit around the mini-disc, basically making it into a full-sized disc that’ll fit into any drive tray - I had one with a 3" CD single I had back in the day, but whether they still exist or not, I’ve no clue.

Is this a burned mini-disc, or a pressed one? The problem could lie with the disc itself, and not the drive tray.

EDIT: Nevermind, you posted as I was typing, glad you got it sorted. :slight_smile:

I’ve tried 3 pressed minicds of hardware drivers

what you doing with all those drives?

(Current drives: Samsung SE-S084C (TS01) + Samsung SH-S223F (SB03 RPC1 + other goodies) + TSST (Samsung) TS-H653F (D200) + Samsung SH-S203N (SB02 RPC1 + other goodies) + Optiarc AD-5170S (1.12) + Litey LH-20A1H (LL0D) + Samsung SH-S182D (SB06 RPC1) x2 + LG E10N (JE07) + BenQ DW1650 (BCDC) + BenQ DW1640@164B (BEFB) + LG 4167B (DL13 TDB) + NEC ND-4551A (1.Z2) + LG GCE-8520B (1.00) + LiteOn SOHR-5239S (2S0B))

[QUOTE=marior;2520439]I’ve tried 3 pressed minicds of hardware drivers[/QUOTE]

If it does read after a few attempts, as you describe above, it could just be your LG being finicky. All my LGs are the same with some discs. :slight_smile:

EDIT: As for the drives…awhile back, I used to upgrade quite a bit when something better came along, and just hung onto the ones I replaced (some of them are sitting in a box now, hehe)…I’ve slowed down now, and haven’t bought a new one in quite some time! I do have an external drive enclosure though, so it’s always handy to have a spare (or two…or three…:doh: ) lying around. :slight_smile: - about 6 of those drives are in regular use, with another 2 in my backup PC.